Elden Ring is a beautiful-looking game, and players who can run it at very high resolutions may discover a strong desire to take some beautiful screenshots. The good news, for PC players at least, is that this is possible. While the game doesn’t have an official Photo Mode, you can get an excellent mod that offers a robust set of photo tools.
The mod, from modder Frans “Otis_Inf” Bouma, is available via his Patreon account. You will need a subscription to be able to get the tools. The photo mode and camera tools include the following features:
- Camera control: (Also in cut scenes)
- FoV control
- Free unlimited camera movement and rotation
- Timestop / game pause control
- Camera paths support (‘dolly cam’) for defining moving camera trajectories for movies.
- Game speed control (slow-motion, speed up)
- HUD toggle
- Pillarbox/letterbox removal in custom aspect ratios (UW support)
- Vignette removal
- Chromatic Aberration (CA) removal
- Higher LODs
- Setting for being invisible to enemies
- Sun light direction control (pseudo Time of Day)
- Configurable keybindings
- Configurable gamepad buttonbindings
A very important note is that you will need to remove Easy Anti Cheat for these tools to be usable, which means you will not be able to play online. While the process can be reversed, it’s worth keeping in mind because if you log on with EAC deactivated you run the risk of a ban.