Pokemon Go has been a part of the Pokemon franchise since 2016. Since then, it has won millions of players globally thanks to its augmented reality world, a plethora of mesmerizing Pokemon to catch, and vivid tasks and challenges.
However, a few bugs have arisen with new challenges, including the infamous Snapshot Not Working Error. However, don’t despair. There are a few workarounds for this particular error in Pokemon Go.
How to Fix Snapshot Not Working in Pokemon Go
The Snapshot option in Pokemon Go allows you to take pictures of your Pokemon from your Pokedex itself and even in the Pokemon world. Moreover, some specific quests and tasks grant outstanding awards for a few simple snapshots.
The Snapshot Not Working error prevents players from earning Buddy Hearts and completing Research Tasks.
Niantic unfortunately hasn’t rolled out an official patch for this bug. Not to worry, there are a couple of things you can try:
- The first option is to restart the Pokemon Go application.
- If that didn’t fix it, the next option is to restart your mobile device.
- Failing that, enter your phone ‘Settings’ and then ‘Permissions’
- Next, enter App permissions and select Pokemon Go.
- Disable the permission for Storage/Files & Media.
- Once you have done this, start the game and try to take a snapshot. The application will ask you for permission to access the Storage. Click ‘Deny’. This should have resolved your issue.
- If not, check if there is a game update or delete and reinstall the game as a last resort.
How to Take a Snapshot in Pokemon Go
Here’s how to take a snapshot in Pokemon Go.
- Click on the Poke Ball icon in the bottom center.
- Tap the Pokemon icon in the left corner of the screen.
- Select the Pokemon you want to Snapshot from your Pokedex.
- A character menu will pop up. Now, tap the camera icon in the top-right corner.
- You can change the position of your Pokemon before tapping the camera icon to set up the perfect picture.
- Congratulations, you have successfully taken a picture of your Pokemon.
Now that you know how to fix the issue and how to take a Snapshot.