The long-awaited crossover between Pokemon GO and Pokemon Scarlet and Violet has finally arrived! Trainers will now be able to influence the pattern of Vivillon in their Pokemon Scarlet and Violet games while getting a chance to catch the roaming form of Gimmighoul in Pokemon GO. But to do that, you’re going to need to connect your two accounts. Here’s how to connect Pokemon GO to Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
How to Connect Pokemon Go to Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
Connecting your two devices will require a few steps. For your convenience, they’re listed below.
- Step 1: Have both devices open.
- To connect your two devices, make sure you have both Pokemon GO and Pokemon Scarlet or Violet opened and ready to be paired.
- Step 2: Pokemon GO → Select Settings.
- Open your menu in Pokemon GO by tapping the Poke Ball at the bottom center of the screen. You’ll see at the top right of the green screw a cog and “Settings.” Hit this button.
- Step 3. Pokemon GO → Select Nintendo Switch.
- Near the bottom of the Settings menu, you’ll see an option that says Nintendo Switch, just below Poke Ball Plus and right above Pokemon HOME. Select Nintendo Switch, then press Connect to Nintendo Switch.
- Step 4. Pokemon Scarlet and Violet → Open the Poke Portal.
- In Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, press X to open your menu, then navigate to Poke Portal. Once you’re in Poke Portal, select Mystery Gift.
- Step 5. Pokemon Scarlet and Violet → Select Connect to Pokemon Go.
- From the Poke Portal, select Connect to Pokemon GO. Your Nintendo Switch will now begin searching for your Pokemon GO account, which should be simultaneously searching for your Nintendo Switch account. If one times out, try both again.
If you’re curious about the latest developments with Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, check out this DLC announcement!