The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition is available now, which means it is time to begin your journey as Dragonborn. If you want to master the language of the dragons, though, you’re going to need to find and learn all of the Dragon Shouts in the game. Today, we’re going to show you how to find each and every Dragon Shout, and the Word Walls that hold them.
Find Dragon Shouts and Word Walls in Skyrim
Each Dragon Shout contains multiple Word Walls to find and read. Make sure you brush up on our tips to help you survive in Skyrim to make sure you are ready for the long journey ahead. It should also be noted that it does not matter which Word Wall is located and read first, as you will always learn new Dragon Shouts in the correct order.
- The first Word Wall for this shout can be found inside of Angarbunde, which is located in southeastern area of The Rift.
- To find the second Word Wall, make your way to the dragon’s Lair in Ancients Ascent.
- The third and final Word Wall for this Dragon Shout can be located on the mountaintop above Ysgramor’s Tomb. Either climb the mountain, or wait until you complete the Companions’ quest Glory of the Dead. Find out more about the Companion questline by checking out our guide on how to join the Companions and become a werewolf.
- The first Word Wall is located inside a Dragon’s Lair at Northwind Summit. Head inside the lair to find the words on the wall.
- You can find this second Word Wall in Volunruud, while completing The Silence Has Been Broken, which is a quest given to you after you learn how to join the Dark Brotherhood
- The final Word Wall for this Dragon Shout is located inside of a tomb at Valtume, which is just to the southeast of the city of Markarth.
- Find this first Word Wall inside of Ustengrav, during the main quest The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller.
- The second Word Wall for this Dragon Shout is located above the Lost Valley Redoubt. You can find this area by heading south of Bard’s Leap Summit.
- Head to Winterhold to find this final Word Wall for this Dragon Shout at the end of Ironbind Barrow.
- You can’t miss learning this Dragon Shout, as it is encountered and taught to you after completing the main quest. Head to High Hrothgar to receive the words.
Call of Valor
- You will learn this Dragon Shout in Sovngarde, during the main quest.
- This Dragon shout is learned automatically during the main quest The Throat of the World. You learn it in High Hrothgar.
- The first Word Wall of this Dragon Shout is hidden in a Dragon’s Lair at Eldersblood Peak.
- This second Word Wall is found during the Speaking With Silence quest from the Thieve’s Guild. You learn it from Snow Veil Sanctum.
- The final Word Wall is found within Silverdrift Lair.
- Find this first Word Wall in Long Tongue Overlook.
- Grab the second word for this Dragon Shout in the Pieces of the Past quest, which takes you to Dead Crone Rock.
- The final Word Wall in this Dragon Shout is hidden among Shalidor’s Maze in Hjaalmarch.
- This Dragon Shout is learned automatically during the main quest Alduin’s Bane. You cannot miss it.
- Head to Dimhollow Crypt to find this first Word Wall.
- Make your way to The Forgotten Vale, where you will find this Word Wall in the middle of the frozen lake where you must face off against two dragons at once.
- The third and final Word Wall for this Dragon Shout is hidden to the west of Riften, in Arcwind Point. Look for an altar to find this Word Wall.
- This Word Wall can be found at Shriekwind Bastion.
- Locate Dragontooh Crater and travel there to find this Word Wall.
- The last Word Wall for this Dragon Shout is located at Kilkreath Ruins.
- While completing the quest Proving Honor for the Companions, look out for this Word Wall inside Dustman’s Cairn.
- Sunderstone Gorge holds the secret to this second Word Wall. Head there and look out for the Word Wall to further your knowledge of this Dragon Shout.
- The final Word Wall for this Dragon Shout is automatically found during The Throat of the World main quest.
- You can locate this Word Wall near the end of Under Saarthal, which is located within Saarthal.
- Head to Mount Anthor to find this Word Wall.
- Frostmere Crypt is where you’ll need to go to find this final Word Wall piece for the Ice Form Dragon Shout.
- Found during and after the Investigate the Haunting miscellaneous quest, this Word Wall can be located within Shroud Hearth Barrow, which is in Iverstead.
- The second Word Wall for Kyne’s Peace can be located and claimed from the end of Ragnvald.
- You will need to locate and travel to Rannveig’s Fast to find this third and final Word Wall for this Dragon Shout.
Marked for Death
- The first Word Wall is located inside of The Dark Brotherhood’s Sanctuary.
- Players can find the second Word Wall for this Dragon sHout inside of the Forsaken Crypt.
- Autumnwatch Tower is your third destination if you’re looking to learn this Dragon Shout. Look for the Word Wall after arriving at the tower.
- This Word wall is located behind the throne at the end of the Jagged Crown quest, which you receive in Korvanjund.
- Locate Hag’s End to find this second Word Wall.
- To find this third Word Wall you will need to use the Staff of Magnus to be teleported to a Dragon Priest’s Lair, where you will find this final Word Wall.
- Head to High Gate Ruins to find this Word Wall.
- During the quest The World-Eater’s Eyrie, you’ll be taken to Skuldafn, where you can find and claim this second Word Wall.
- Head to The Rift, which is in the southeastern area of Tamriel to find this Word Wall in Forelhost.
- This Dragon Shout is learned by calling Durnehviir three times in Tamriel. Each time you call him, he will teach you a new word of the shout.
- Head to the Soul Cairn and slay Durnehviir. As you leave the boneyard he will teach you these three words, allowing you to call upon him.
- This Dragon Shout is learned at Shearpoint, after fighting a Dragon and a Dragon Priest.
- It is impossible to miss this Dragon Shout, as each word is learned during a main quest.
- The first word is learned in Bleak Falls Barrow, during The Golden Claw or Dragon Rising quest.
- The second word is taught to the Dragonborn at High Hrothgar, during The Way of the Voice.
- Learn the final word for this Dragon shout from Greybeard after finding The Horn of the Jurgen Windcaller.
- The first word of this shout is learned from the Greybeards during the The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller questline.
- The second word is found at the end of Volskygge. Climb the side of the mountain if you do not wish to pass through the dungeon below.
- The final word in this Dragon Shout can be found in Dead Men’s Respite, during the Tending the Flame quest.
That’s all the Dragon Shouts in the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Remastered. If you’re having trouble finding any of these locations, you can find out how to enable all the map markers for easy access by heading to our guide on how to use console commands in Skyrim. We also have a ton of other content available to help you survive the dangerous world of Tamriel, so be sure to check out our Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim walkthrough before you go.