Capcom’s latest dive into Mega Man’s deep history is a massive set of RPGs, titled Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection. This is a set of ten games, encompassing pretty much the entirety of the core Battle Network series. Considering this collection contains both Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS titles, each with multiplayer features originally, it tracks that people are wondering if that stuff is making it to the Legacy Collection in some form. So, the big question remains: does Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection have online multiplayer?
Related: Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection: Platforms, Possible Release Date and Games Included
Does Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection Have Online Multiplayer?
Hell yeah it does. There are three different ways to play and interact with other players, as we saw in a new trailer shown during the recent Capcom Showcase. And each Mode so to speak has some different sub-categories based on the kind of feature we’re looking at. Here’s the breakdown of how multiplayer works in Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection:
- Private Match – battle with your friends!
- Public Match – throw down with players in ranked matches!
- Chip Trade – trade chips with hi-res art (for unspecified utility)
- Style Trade – trading custom looks for Mega Man in Battle Network 2
- Program Trade – trade different parts to give Mega Man passive upgrades (for BN 3 and later)
- Compare Libraries – share information on chip collections for BN 3 or later
- Compare Records – compare “deletion times” for BN 4 or later
There’s also a Download Chips feature, which lets players acquire rare chips that were exclusive to things like events. For more information on what’s included in the game you can either watch the Capcom Showcase archive, or check out the official website which has since been updated.
Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection is set to arrive on April 14, 2023 for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and PC.