Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is currently undergoing an open beta across multiple platforms, including Xbox and PC. Players might wonder if they need to have to pre-order of the game to access the beta. As such, this guide will seek to answer this question to let players know if they need to have purchased the game to participate.
Do You Need to Pre-Order MW3 to Play the Beta?
Fortunately, if you’re looking to participate in the open beta on console or PC, you don’t need to have pre-ordered any version of the game to have access. However, it is important to note that you will only have access to the features available in the beta until the open beta period ends on October 16.
With a level cap of 30, the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 open beta will let players have plenty of rewards for leveling their player level up throughout the beta. Some of the rewards obtained for participating include the following:
- “Appetite: Whet” animated emblem – Unlocks at level 2
- “Operation Beta” charm – Unlocks at level 7
- “Beta Tester” calling card – Unlocks at level 9
- “MW3 Beta” sticker – Unlocks at level 11
- “Did the Beta” large decal – Unlocks at level 16
- “Beta Ripper” weapon blueprint – Unlocks at level 20
- “Beta Proof” weapon sticker – Unlocks at level 25
- “Tester” Jabber operator skin – Unlocks at level 30
However, it’s important to note that your progression in Modern Warfare 3 will not translate to the full game once it is released. While you still may get some rewards, you won’t be able to save some of the other unlocks and will have to start from scratch. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3’s full version will be available on November 10. If you’re looking for more MW3-related content, make sure to check out our guide on the best gun that can be found in the beta.