Starting off in the face of the sprawling open-world of Days Gone is scary stuff. There are a fair few tips and tricks which can help you survive the wilderness while in the rugged boots of Deacon St. John. Thankfully, he's more than the sum of his parts. His parts here being a backwards baseball cap, a bike, and just so much ammo. Here are some tips to make sure you can help keep him alive for long enough to try and escape this hellscape.
- You can mark enemies by using the binoculars, this lets you track their movements to make the encounters easier to plan.
- If you are struggling to get the right angle you can hit X to move the camera and allow you a better chance at lining up that shot.
- The Field Repairs melee skill should be one of your first acquisitions. It lets you repair things when on the move and makes fights much easier.
- If you're going downhill then you don't need to accelerate. This will save you some fuel.
- You can save whenever you like as long as you aren't in combat. Save often to avoid the frustration of lost time.
- Grab the Green Thumb and Butcher skills ASAP. These double the amount of meat and plants you get when harvesting and lets you gain Trust faster.
- Police cars are full of ammo and guns. Make sure you keep an eye out for them in the wild.
- Cover really helps in some of the fights. Simply crouch behind an object and voila.
- As long as you haven't been discovered you can use distractions to mislead your enemies.
- Always start your car searches at the front to make sure the car alarm won't go off. It's best not to draw too much attention to yourself.
- You can hide in bushes as long as you are crouched and haven't been seen yet. Be the bush.