Players in search of a few scares should download Daylight for PlayStation 4 and PC, the new survival horror game from Atlus and Zombie Studios. Featuring built-in Twitch.tv integration, viewers can mess with people’s heads by typing commands into the comments section, which trigger events and noises in the game, from static on the person’s cell phone to screams and footsteps.
Of course, there’s more to Daylight than cheap virtual tricks. Death is often quick and by surprise. With that in mind, don’t succumb to the horrors lurking within. Reach the exit with these Daylight tips.
- Ignore the distractions. Yes, those weird noises and visions will creep you out, but none will harm you.
- Don’t turn around. Impossible to do throughout the entire game, we know, but doing this often results in a terrible surprise in the form of a life-sucking entity. Move forwards and backwards as much as you can.
- Look at your map! You have the benefit of carrying a smartphone with the greatest battery life. The map is visible at all times, and is essential for locating the key room and exit.
- Always know how many glow sticks and flares remain, and don’t be afraid to use them. Glow sticks reveal secrets in the environment, while flares ward off enemies.
- You can carry four glow sticks on you at all times. We like to max out the number of glow sticks, light one and then pick up another to have five. On a side note, you can also have up to four flares.
- Don’t close doors, and always open double doors. You don’t want to get caught on a door while trying to run away from something, and leaving doors open is a good way to see places you’ve been.
- Press the DualShock 4 touchpad to zoom in on the map. Tap it again to zoom out.
- Look at the bottom right corner of the screen to see the number of remnants you’ve collected.
- You can’t miss remnants left out in the open. Look for glowing objects in the distance. That said, you will need to explore rooms to find some.
Daylight is available now for PS4 and PC.