We've now seen Season One of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare kick off, which means that the latest version of the game is now making its way to platforms near you. If you're going to want to crack into all that Season One has to offer, then this is an update you're going to want to queue up. Here's what we know about the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Version 1.10 update and its changes.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Version 1.10 Update
Infinity Ward has released the patch notes for Version 1.10 for Modern Warfare, which notes a number of updates to the playlist as well as a whole host of multiplayer fixes. On the muiltiplayer fix front, there have been descriptions to challenges update along with some bugs to do with killcams and damage numbers. In particular, those who were having gripes with the way that the Riot Shield worked will enjoy that they've now adjusted grenade interactions.
There have also been changes to Special Ops in terms of leaderboards, tweaks to aiming with a tank and other vehicular interactions, and increased clarity around displaying player deaths and killstreaks. We've pulled the full list of patch notes and reproduced them below for you:
- Crash 24/7
- Port added to Ground War
- Added Rammaza and Gun Runner to TDM 20 and DOM 20
- Added night maps to Hardcore TDM, Search and Destroy, Cyber Attack
- Gun Game (available in Private Match)
- Shoot House 24/7
- 2v2 Gunfight Tournament
- Tuning to how the Riot Shield protects against grenades when thrown at the players' feet
- Reduced explosive damage within certain ranges
- Fixed a bug where the final killcam would appear under the map when a player got stuck by Thermite or Semtex on the lower part of the body
- Fixed an issue where players stuck inside the Infantry Assault Vehicle would not take damage from Thermite
- Fix for a bug where attempting to scroll to the bottom of the Recent Players list could cause the list to read "No Recent Players" and return to the top
- Gunfight (private match): Fixes 'Win by Two' setting to end the game properly once the conditions have been met
Missions and Challenges (The following are now fixed and have had their descriptions updated as needed)
- "Close and Personal"
- "Perks of the Job"
- "Bloodthirsty Killer"
- "Destroy Ground Killstreaks" -- All player-driven vehicles will count towards this launcher camo challenge
- "Get 50 kills while an enemy UAV is active" -- description updated to reflect that the Ghost perk needs to be equipped in order to complete
- Combat Knife challenge descriptions updated
- .357 camo challenge
- Various updates to other camo challenges
- Fix for Officer Challenge completion notifications not appearing on screen
- Improved effectiveness of FMJ on Killstreaks
- Fix for the Cluster Strike dealing damage inconsistently when targeting a VTOL jet
- .357: Buckshot: reduced damage range, reduced effective hip fire damage. Tuned spread adjustments from barrel attachments
- Menu damage stat bar adjustments for miscellaneous LMGs
- Fixed a bug where the informant can be dropped in bad positions/near enemy soldiers in Operation Harbinger
- Added a checkpoint after the third hack on Operation Brimstone
- Fix for a bug where players could become stuck after going into last stand while breaching the trains on Operation Brimstone
- Enemies in white trucks now exit their vehicles
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
- Leaderboards will no longer display complete gamertags. This should help higher profile leaderboards users from receiving too many invites
- Fixed an issue where players would not be able to mantle while strafing with keyboard and mouse
- Increased the turn-rate when aiming with a tank
- Adjusted the camera orbit turn-rate while driving a vehicle using keyboard and mouse
- The keybind "Vehicle Camera Recenter" is now linked to Melee by default (default on E / Mouse 4) and the re-centering of the camera has been improved
- Improvements for the camera transitions with Free Camera and Aerial Camera
- Added a Killstreak view option when using the Portrait List
- Added arrows under the players when using the Aerial Camera view
- Added a skull icon on the Minimap where players die
- Shaders - Fixed an issue that forced shaders to be fully re-compiled after each title update. Shader installation should be expected mainly for new content, drivers update or changing the video card. New optimizations or bugfix that require modifying the shaders can also trigger part or the totality of the shaders to be re-compiled.
Now that you know what to expect with the latest Modern Warfare Version 1.10 update, hopefully some of the problem points for you have officially been dealt with. Need a hand with anything else to do with this new Call of Duty? Check out our following tips and tricks: