Grinding XP in Call of Duty games is a time-honored tradition of tedium, that has only grown in its lizard brain appeal with the industry-wide adoption of the Battle Pass format. But sometimes you get tired of running endless multiplayer games and want to take a little me-time break. That’s where Trials come in, a new feature that gives seasoned players some single-player challenges that come with nice XP rewards. And since it’s time for a new Season, it’s time for some new Trials
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 5 Trials List
Infinity Ward is introducing a list of eight new Trials for Modern Warfare Season 5. Like the other Trials, you have to turn in Trial Tickets gained during other game play in exchange for a few rounds at a chosen Trial. The better your performance, the higher XP numbers you’ll see at the end. Here’s the full list, and brief descriptions of the objectives:
- Gun Course (Hideout and Trench) – This is a speed and accuracy challenge that has you blazing through a course, shooting enemy targets and hopefully not shooting civilians.
- Marksman Challenge (Granza Raid) – This one is exactly what it sounds like! You have to make it through multiple waves of distance targets. If you miss, you lose precious time.
- Risky Parkour (Hackney Yard) – This is a physical performance challenge that simply wants you to run through the course and make the best time. That said, there’s also toxic gas on the ground. The floor is (arguably worse than) lava.
- Risky Parkour (Suldal Harbor) – Set in one of the new Season 5 maps, this challenge has you collecting Dogtags in addition to dashing through the course.
- Quad Race (Euphrates Bridge) – Get in an ATV, hit the gas, get to the end as fast as possible.
- Price’s Alley (Guncourse) – Another targeting challenge, this one has you throwing lethal equipment at targets.
- Shooting Range (Livestock) – Unlike the Marksman Challenge, here you have to run around and find your targets. You also have limited ammunition, so you need to make your shots count.
- Behind Enemy Lines (Hovec Sawmill) – Is this really a safe event to hold as a challenge? Here you’ll find yourself in a live fire situation, taking on actual , hostile enemies in the A.O.
That’s it for the Season 5 Trials being added to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. You won’t be able to tackle Trials until you hit Officer Rank, but once you get there you’ll have a new set of options to hone or test your skills.
- Call of Duty: Warzone Season 5 Map Changes
- Call of Duty: Warzone Will “Evolve” and Will Tie Into Future Call of Duty Games
- How to Preload Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 5 Early
Do you think you’re a bad enough dude to get the best scores in the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 5 Trials? Have you made it to the right Rank yet or are you still grinding? Talk to us over at the Prima Games Facebook and Twitter channels!