Season 2 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare kicks off on Tuesday, February 11th. A plethora of new content will be added into the popular game, with a significant portion being new maps. This group of new maps for Season 2 consists of a legendary one from the franchise's past and a variety of never-before-seen ones. Fortunately, we have all of the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 2 maps covered for you.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare New Season 2 Maps
There is a total of five maps that have been officially confirmed for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 2. You can find this group of maps, the game modes they will be available in and the Call of Duty maps' official descriptions below:
- "The classic map returns! A small map for fast-paced combat, Rust brings the battle to an oil yard in the middle of the desert. The site of the Modern Warfare 2 Campaign mission, "Endgame," maybe just that for players who don't learn the tricks to master this arid field of play. Utilize the environment for cover and grab the high ground and low ground to take advantage of your enemies."
- "Go shopping in Atlas Superstore, a new Multiplayer map that takes place in a supercenter warehouse that has been taken over by Al-Qatala forces. Battle in dense lanes of traffic, over fallen shelving, and throughout the shipping, receiving, and employee-only areas. Clean up on aisle six!"
- "[Redacted Intel]"
- "A tightly contained cross-section of the streets of Urzikstan is turned into a battleground in Bazaar. Experience the tension-filled Gunfight while navigating a new zone of combat. The randomized Gunfight loadouts all have a chance to shine as the map's symmetrical layout offers opportunities for big moments and epic plays."
- "A resting place for discarded airplane parts, Zhokov Boneyard is a Ground War map in Verdansk. Traipse through this airplane junkyard and avoid the turbulence of the enemy team while capturing your objectives."
Rust will also be available as a Gunfight map with additional new Gunfight maps set to be released throughout the rest of Season 2 following launch day. Khandor Hideout will not be available for players to do battle on when Season 2 kicks off but will be added as one of the other new maps for Season 2 at a later date in the period of new content for the famous title.
Do you want to learn more about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare besides the new maps that are coming in Season 2? If so, be sure to check out our dedicated hub for the high-profile first-person shooter or three of our most recent pieces of coverage below:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Ranked Play - What We Know
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 2 Roadmap
- How to Get Striker 45 UMP in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare