If you’re looking to complete the main Easter egg quest in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s zombie map, Blood of the Dead, then you’re going to need to get your hands on the Blundergat, one of many Wonder Weapons available to players in this Mob of the Dead remake. There are a few things you’ll need to do to get the Blundergat in Black Ops 4, which is why we’ve outlined everything you need to know to get the Wonder Wapon below.
How to Get the Blundergat in Blood of the Dead
Now, there are actually two ways that players can get their hands on the Blundergat. The easiest way—though the most expensive by far—is to simply play the Mystery Box game. This means you’ll need to find the Mystery Box in Blood of the Dead and then hope that luck is on your side. This can be very expensive, though, and while it doesn’t require as much work, it’s easily the most frustrating way to go about getting the Blundergat. Thankfully, there’s a more predictable way to do things, so let’s dive right in.
Find All Five Spectral Skulls
The only way to get the Blundergat without playing the Mystery Box game is a bit more complicated, though it pays off in the end as the items that you’ll collect along the way can be useful for other things as well. Before we can get started, though, you’re going to need to build the Spectral Shield and make sure you acquire the Hell’s Retriever. The Spectral Shield will allow you to see hidden items—like the Spectral Skulls—while the Hell’s Retriever can actually be thrown to collect items outside of your reach.
With both these items in hand, it’s time to start your search for the five Spectral Skulls. Lucky for you, we’ve taken a lot of the guess work out of it, so here’s where you can find the skulls:
- The first skull can be found inside of a cell on C-D Street. Look for it opposite of the door that leads into the Library.
- To find the second Spectral Skull, head over to Eagle Plaza and look for it atop one of the poles outside.
- Head over to the Docks to find the third Spectral Skull. You should be able to spot it atop one of the dock poles jutting out of the water.
- The second to last Spectral Skull can be found over in West Grounds. Face the spawn room and then look for a set of stairs off to the right. You should be able to spot it with the Spectral Shield.
- The final Spectral Skull can be found on the rooftop—where you Pack-A-Punch in Blood of the Dead. Look for it off to the right.
You’ll need to throw Hell’s Retriever at the Spectral Skulls to collect them. Once you’ve collected them all, you can work on upgrading the Blundergat to even more powerful variations like the Acidgat. As we mentioned above, this item is very important to the main Easter egg quests in Blood of the Dead, so getting your hands on it early will prove very useful to you. You should also check out our other Black Ops 4 guides for even more helpful guides and information.