Baldur’s Gate 3 may seem quite intimidating at first glance. There are tons of buttons, menus, and various doodads to click all over your screen. Luckily, there are plenty of shortcuts you can use to make your life easier while adventuring and engaging in combat. Here are the most useful keyboard shortcuts in Baldur’s Gate 3 listed.
Baldur’s Gate 3 – Most Useful Keyboard Shortcuts
Fortunately for keyboard users, you have quite a lot of keys you can use for potential shortcuts. Let’s take a look at all the useful things you can do with keyboard shortcuts in BG3.
- F1/F2/F3/F4 – selects between party members in their respective slots (from top to bottom)
- Tilde [~] – toggles and highlights all NPCs with their threat levels. Red highlights are enemies, Yellow are neutral characters, and Green highlights are friendly NPCs.
- Hold [Alt] – highlights all objects you can interact with in the environment
- Hold [Ctrl] – forces your character to attack a target.
- Shift + C – toggles all party members to enter in and out of Stealth mode.
- Shift + Space – Enters turn-based mode, perfect for controlling individual party members when navigating around traps or strange environments.
- F10 – hides the UI. Great for taking screenshots!
- F5 – Quicksaves your game.
- F8 – Quickloads your last Quicksave.
- G – Splits your party up to be individually controlled, or groups them all back together.
- Space (while looting) – loots all items within a container
- Space (in combat) – ends a character’s turn
- Shift + Left Click Drag – splits a stacked item in your inventory
- 1 – 9 (in dialogue) – selects the respective dialogue choice on screen.
With so many things to click on and decisions to make in Baldur’s Gate 3, any shortcuts to make life easier and save time are welcome. Personally, I’m a big fan of Quickloading with F8 because, well… things don’t always go as planned.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is a robust game with complicated systems and, if you’re like me, some of them may have confused you at first. Check out our guide on what Save Failed means and how Passive Ability Checks work in Baldur’s Gate 3, and stick with Prima Games for more tips, tricks, and guides.