If you want to make the most of MW3, you’ll want to tweak your audio settings to ensure you can hear enemy footsteps, gunshots, and other miscellaneous sounds so you can react accordingly. Let’s look at the best audio settings in Modern Warfare 3.
Best Audio Settings for Modern Warfare 3
Your settings will vary slightly depending on whether you use headphones or speakers. Many of these settings are also dependent on your personal preference. However, this primarily aims to optimize your settings so you can hear enemy movements without having other distracting sounds.
Below are the best audio settings for MW3.
- Audio Mix: Home Theater, PC Speaker, or Headphone Bass Boost
- Depends on whether you’re using speakers or headphones
- Master Volume: Your preference
- Gameplay Music Volume: 0
- Dialogue Volume: 75
- Effects Volume: 100
- Voice Chat Volume: 25
- You can also turn it off if you don’t plan on using in-game voice chat.
- Cinematic Music Volume: 0
- Voice Chat: Your preference
- Game voice channel: Your preference
- Last Words Voice Chat: On
- Proximity Chat: On
- Voice Chat Output Device: Your microphone
- Mono Audio: Off
- Reduce Tinnitus Sound: On
- War Tracks as a Passenger: On
- Juggernaut Music: On
- Hit Marker Sound Effects: Your preference
Specific options, such as reducing tinnitus sounds, enabling juggernaut music, and voice chat settings, will vary slightly depending on your preference. You may also have to fine-tune your exact volume values depending on your system’s master volume and headphone or speaker settings. Although these make certain sounds easier to distinguish, these can all be modified and fine-tuned to your liking.
Are you ready to move on to optimizing your PC graphics settings now that you’ve perfected your audio? Check out our guide on the best PC settings for MW3, or click the game tag below to explore our growing content list.