Hot on the heels of their announcement about massively increasing the level cap, Respawn has now dropped a new patch for their battle royale game, Apex Legends, which implements this new cap, has new rewards, and plugs a whole bunch of changes to mechanics through. Check out our rundown of the Apex Legends Version 1.25 patch notes.
Apex Legends Version 1.25 Patch Notes
There was a bit of a delay in actually getting Version 1.25 of the game out to all consoles, and it’s our understanding that the patch was only fully rolled out to everyone in its entirety yesterday despite being announced much earlier in the week.
The major changes to Apex Legends here are, of course, the aforementioned progression tweaks that we’ve covered in terms of the Level cap being increased to 500, and with the way that players earn Apex Packs and Gun Charms while playing. There’s been general quality of life updates in terms of interactions, the appearance of armor for colorblind compatibility, and bug fixes. Wattson mains can expect a big chance to the Trophy System, in the sense that it’s going to be able to intercept projectiles more actively and accurately now. We’re also going to see further nerfs to the Peacekeeper because, well, it’s still way too strong. Neat, huh? We’ve reproduced the full patch notes from Respawn below for you:
- Player Level cap increased from 100 -> 500
- XP required to hit level 100 has been reduced by approximately 5% to smooth out per level XP increases
- Players can now earn 199 Apex Packs by level 500 (previously 45)
- Level 2 – 20: One pack every level
- Level 22 – 300: One pack every two levels
- Level 305 – 500: One pack every five levels
- You will continue to earn 600 Legend Tokens per level
- Apex Packs rewards will be retroactive
- Players will also earn a Player Level Gun Charm every 100 Player Levels
NEW GUN CHARMS!
- 36 new Gun Charms are going into Apex Packs at Epic and Legendary tier.
- Gun charms will also appear in the Rotating Shop for players who prefer direct purchase.
- We’ve heard feedback loud and clear that the Peacekeeper is still feeling too powerful after latest changes. We are working to push out more tweaks to address it ASAP and will post details on timing and what those changes will be soon.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Helmets and armor should now be more colorblind compatible and appear slightly more vibrant – please let us know if this improves the experience for you!
- Added on/off setting that determines if taking damage while looting a deathbox closes the menu. You can toggle this in the Gameplay section of settings.
- Improvements to final circle locations to help bad end locations and provide more variety.
- Players that have auto-sprint enabled can now sprint out of a slide by using L3.
- Added inspect animation for Lifeline’s Heirloom.
- Fixed bug where “Thank you” key became unbound. It’s now back to its original default: “F1”.
- [PC ONLY] Fixed issue where using any arrow key after selecting a number field in the settings would jump to the next option instead of changing the selected value.
- Gold Armor spawn rate has been reduced.
- Players will now receive a prompt allowing them to cancel Finishers in progress.
- Fixed bug where other players would appear to be in the wrong Rank (e.g. they are actually Apex Predator but appear Bronze IV)
- Bunch of bug fixes to World’s Edge related to collision, geometry, supply bins spawning in bad areas, and cases where loot couldn’t be picked up in certain areas near Geyser.
- Fixed bug where sometimes the Respawn Dropship would be silent when arriving.
- Fixed bug where Bangalore would reference the Skullpiecer hop-up when pinging a Wingman.
- Fixed issue where player banner would appear off center in the match summary / squad eliminated screens.
- Fixed a visual bug where the progress bars for Shield Cells and Phoenix Kits appeared desaturated and hard to read.
- Fixed bug where players were able to instantly revive in certain locations.
- Fixed bug for rare cases where a player was unable to revive a teammate while outside the Ring.
- Fixed bug where the visual FX for the knockdown shield would remain visible after being destroyed by an enemy.
- Fixed bug where equipping the EVA-8 Auto Shotgun Double Tap hop-up would remove the rate of fire increase from equipped shotgun bolt.
- Fixed bug where some Legends would relay incorrect “ability not ready” sound FX when trying to activate an ability that was still on cooldown.
- Fixed a visual bug where sometimes when a Legend starts using a Shield Cell it causes their weapon to appear to be briefly floating past their arm.
- Fixed bug where sometimes the Train’s lead car would detach from the rest of the Train after a player stops and then starts it back up.
- Fixed bug for cases where players could get crushed by the Train while standing near the back of the front car.
- Fixed bug where Legend’s faces would appear distorted in third person during matches and while browsing inventory.
- Fixed issues with corrupted graphics and frame drops that we found were related to detonating ordnance in certain locations causing object to trigger bad pixels.
- Fixed bug for cases where flying Crypto’s Drone near the Train can cause Crypto to move around without player input.
- Fixed a bug where Crypto’s tactical hud looked like it was stuck recharging until you used it.
- Fixed bug for cases where a deathbox would not come to rest on stairs and players were unable to retrieve the player’s Banner Card.
UPDATE TO KNOCKDOWN SHIELDS
- KO shield protection now extends over and behind the player’s head.
- Changes to Shield health
- Common [gray]: 100hp -> 200hp
- Rare [blue]: 250hp -> 450hp
- Player movement speed while KO Shield is active reduced: .65 -> .55
- Friendly fire is now supported! You can toggle it off and on in the setting menu. The option only appears if more than one player is in the Firing Range with you.
- [PC ONLY] Fixed cases where players could not enter the Firing Range.
- Fixed various issues related to players in other realms affecting each other in Firing Range including:
- Seeing other Legends abilities and animations that are not in your realm.
- Invisible zip lines.
- Wattson’s Trophy System
- The trophy system is now significantly more aggressive in the way it shoots down grenades. Rather than just identifying between incoming and outgoing projectiles, it now predicts the trajectory of grenades thrown within the interception zone and intercepts them if they will land anywhere within that zone. This means that no grenade can contact any surface within the interception zone regardless of team, but players can fire grenades outwards from anywhere within the zone.
Now that you’re aware of the changes that have been brought about thanks to Apex Legends Version 1.25, why not crack into the game and see if your particular concerns have been dealt with. If you’ve got other stuff about Apex Legends that you might need to be updated on, check out what we’ve been pushing lately: