UPDATE: All map types are now available in-game. Have fun getting your portraits!
Original Article: Warhammer 40K: Darktide provides tons of variety when it comes to missions you can complete. The same can be said for mission types, which completely change how you go about completing your objective. One mission could see you assassinate a target, for example, while another could see you collecting ammo from crates for the Imperium. Here are all mission types in Warhammer 40K: Darktide, along with why some related challenges seem to be difficult to complete.
Every Mission Type in Darktide
In total, Darktide has seven mission types across a wide variety of maps, each providing tons of variety to how you play the game. These mission types are as follows:
- Raid: Collect valuable materials for the Imperium.
- Assassination: Take down a high-priority target.
- Strike: Strike at enemy forces to stop a dangerous attack on Tertium’s residents.
- Espionage: Mess with enemy intelligence to feed them false information.
- Repair: Presumably repairing a key piece of technology keeping Tertium alive.
- Disruption: Disrupt heretic plans to prevent their plans from coming to fruition.
- Investigation: Use a servo-skull to scan key locations for intel.
Keep in mind that not all mission types are exclusive to particular maps. Some might be on the same map, but take you down a completely different path. They also don’t show up on only one map, as with Assassination which has two possible maps on Chasm Station and Magistrati Oubliette.
Related: How to Get the Abhor the Mutant Achievement in Warhammer 40K: Darktide
Now, for why most of you might be here. Select challenges in the Penances section ask you to complete one of each of the seven mission types to gain its reward. The issue with that is, as of this writing, the Repair mission type isn’t available in the game. With the maps currently rolling out slowly over the coming weeks, some maps are not available and it seems Repair missions are part of those maps. We don’t know which maps will provide those missions, though they should be available before the pre-order beta’s end.