Microsoft was planning to release its pricing and release date information for its next-gen platforms next week. That didn’t work out thanks to a big leak, so we got all the details early, even officially! Xbox jumps to the next console generation on November 10, 2020. And several games have adjusted their release dates accordingly. So, you may be wondering which games may be on the way on day one. Here are all the Xbox Series X launch titles we know about.
Xbox Series X Launch Games List
As we know, Microsoft’s launch window strategy for the Xbox Series X doesn’t, technically, include exclusive games. For the time being Xbox is a multigenerational platform, and many launch titles are coming in hot with Smart Delivery support. So for multiplatform games that release ahead of the next-gen debut, you’ll be able to upgrade many of them for free. That being said, here’s the list of games that we know are coming out on November 10, and are advertised as Xbox Series X launch titles.
- Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla
- Destiny 2: Beyond Light (Destiny 2’s earlier content is coming to Game Pass later in September)
- Dirt 5 (previous gen version coming slightly earlier)
- Gears Tactics (released on PC earlier, also the only currently-confirmed first party launch game after Halo Infinite’s delay)
- Tetris Effect: Connected
- Watch Dogs: Legion (out in October for current platforms)
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon
In addition to the confirmed games coming to Xbox Series X and S on day one, there are also several games that have been confirmed for the launch “window,” that don’t have solid release dates just yet. Here’s the list of launch window games we know about as of this writing:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
This list of games will be coming out close to the Xbox One Series X and S’ release date. Muddying the waters a bit are the first two games, which will be technically playable on the next-gen platforms due to backwards compatibility. But the next-gen updates won’t be arriving until a later date.
- Xbox Series X Price and Release Date Confirmed
- Xbox Series X News Confirms EA Play Is Joining Xbox Game Pass At No Cost
- Xbox Series X Price Guide
For now, these are the games we know for sure early adopters for the Xbox Series X and S can look forward to on day one, or within months of the November 10 release date. We’ll keep an eye out for further confirmations, and update this space accordingly. In the meantime, let us know which games you’re most excited to see over at the Prima Games Facebook and Twitter channels!