It’s now been announced by Blizzard that World of Warcraft will be exploring the final frontier – Shadowlands – after Sylvanas’ vanquishing of the Lich King. This land, where everyone goes in WoW after they die, and the birthplace of the Valkyries, amongst other iconic moments in franchise history, will be the site of the next WoW expansion as we covered off in our post about the reveal. Now, here’s what we know so far about World of Warcraft: Shadowlands.
There are going to be 4 new zones as part of Shadowlands:
- Revendreth – this looks like it’s taken some design cues from medieval Hot Topic
- Ardenweald – perhaps a veritable paradise of tranquility complete with frolicking fauna
- Maldraxxus – ostensibly, this is the part of the afterlife that spits out ghouls and flesh monsters
- Bastion – packed to the gills with Draenei, probably also infested with Paladins
It also looks like players are going to be asked to pick a Covenant, which at this stage we assume is one of the new factions that will be introduced in World of Warcraft Shadowlands. As per the usual faction grind, you’re going to get some sick armor and probably also some cool mounts for being devoted.
As with every new expansion, there’ll be a host of new dungeons and raids, and you’ll be asked to clear the Tower of the Damned – a multi-floor dungeon experience which looks to have some unique Shadowlands foes thrown into the mix.
The end of everything is just the beginning. World of Warcraft Shadowlands will be arriving in 2020 and is available for pre-purchase from today. If you want to follow along with any of our other Blizzcon 2019 coverage, check out the following:
- World of Warcraft Shadowlands Reveal Shows Off A Chilling Transfer of Power
- Diablo 4 Gameplay Trailer Officially Revealed
- Diablo 4 Cinematic Revealed at Blizzcon 2019