The team over at Ubisoft are bracing for the latest update to arrive for The Division 2, Invasion: Battle for DC. The latest set of game changes will be going live this Friday and will bring with it changes to the in-game skills, a new event, new skins, and so much more.
First things first, the First Apparel event. According to the most recent post from the studio over on Reddit, here's what players can look forward to:
- With the "Invasion: Battle for D.C." we will also get the first Apparel Event
- The Special Event will last for four weeks (April 5th -- May 2nd) where players can get Special Event Caches.
- The Special Event Caches contain cool new outfits and other things like emotes.
- You can also get Masks from these caches.
- Everybody will get one Special Event Cache for free in the first week -- if you log in before Thursday.
- Year 1 Pass owners get three additional free caches when they log in during the event.
- There will be ways to gain more free caches -- like specific projects that you can finish.
- Special Event Caches don't have any duplicates.
New skins and masks will also be arriving, in addition to a few bug fixes targeting the Crafting Station, the sensitivity slider, and the Field of View slider. Additionally, Ubisoft also rolled out the balance changes planned, though more will be added at a later date:
- With "Invasion: Battle for D.C." we will also have the first balancing pass
- Keep in mind, it is very early in the lifecycle so this is a first step in balancing to address some peaks.
- There is also a lot of talk about PVP -- this update will not focus specifically on PVP balance, this is something for a later date -- but some of the small changes will, of course, impact PVP.
- The Sniper M700 and the Rifle MK17 will get a damage reduction.
- Crit Damage and Headshot Damage will be lowered across all existing gear, so if you have equipment with these stats on it, they will be different when you log in on Friday.
- "Safeguard Talent" (extra healing) will get an internal cooldown so that it can't be up all the time
- Demolitionist Talent "Crisis Response" (when armor breaks you replenish your ammo) will also get an internal cooldown.
As far as skills go, a few key changes will be targeting the Sniper Turret, the Chem Launcher, and the Firefly:
- Sniper Turret has been reworked
- You will have a button above an enemy and the Turret will then shoot that NPC and it will automatically track it.
- When you aim at the same NPC you can also specifically control where the shot will go (headshot or weakpoint etc)
- That should make the Sniper Turret more accessible.
- The handling of the Chem Launcher has been a bit awkward.
- Now when you activate the Chem Launcher, it will activate and you can use it like a weapon until you put it away.
- That should also give you more control about the skill
- Aiming mechanism has been reworked, so you can mark targets faster
Skill mods will also be revamped, including bonuses from slect skills and changes to make the entire system more "viable."
Weapon mods changes and a few small buffs will also be deploying with the upcoming update going live later this week, which you can learn more about right here. As for the game itself, The Division 2 is now available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.