Respawn will be debuting their new Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order game this Saturday during the Star Wars Celebration held in Chicago, but that hasn’t stopped the leaks from continuing to spread prior to the big reveal. According to a recent developer leak, the upcoming Star Wars game will allegedly be canon in the Star Wars-verse with other details surrounding gameplay and the title’s protagonist.
According to a recent Reddit post, the OP mentioned that an alleged dev leaked certain details in a private forum post. Since the dev in question deleted their original entry, the Redditor decided to make those details public. Since this is a leak and not in any way confirmed by Respawn, be sure to take the below information with a grain of salt.
As per the original Reddit post, below are the bullet point details from the supposed dev including a male pre-made protagonist, and a not-quite linear, not-quite open world gameplay experience:
- Basic story is already leaked in the wild (no idea where to find), better and more impressive than BF2 one.
- Backpack companion droid.
- Gameplay will be compared to Dark Souls, being good at parry like in Sekiro will help, you will feel like a Jedi.
- You go from planet to planet, not completely linear but not open world either, you get to an area and explore trying to continue the narrative. (My note: he hinted in a way of upgrading your itens and finding new ones on each planet)
- Wallrunning/parkour was hinted at.
- It will aesthetically resemble Rogue One and Solo while also having some of the Prequels flair (My note: EPIII is the best SW movie 🙂 ).
- Made in UE4, singleplayer only.
- Its no action game a la Devil May Cry or God of War (My note: i think he meant old GoWs).
- Much longer than 5 hours.
- This will be an expansion of SW lore, tho going back to known planets was teased.
- Pre made male protag.
- Big opening, Inquisitors were teased.
- It resembles Jedi Knight and Force Unleashed with a bit of a Uncharted (My note: no Force spam tho and from what i understand the comparison to FU goes only to being a 3rd person action game).
- Cool enemies confirmed
- This is a weird one: he posted a gif of a dude saying “Hi gorgeous, im Jerome” (i think its from Gotham?) then he later posted another gif of the same character with the text “you wanna be a hero?”, i really dont know dafuq that means (My note: probably hinting as to who is playing the protag)
- The game may or may not have MTX, tho he said it wouldnt hinder your enjoyment if it had.
We’ll be getting our first official look at the new game on Saturday at 1:30 CDT during the Chicago Star Wars Celebration, so we’ll be able to get some confirmation then as to what we can expect from Respawn’s latest adventure in the Star Wars universe.