Silent Hill 4: The Room is now available for purchase at Gog.com! For $9.99, players can experience the fourth entry in the survival horror franchise Silent Hill.
It’s not often we see Konami play nice when it comes to their older franchises, but just last week, we saw the pc release of Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2. Now we see Silent Hill 4 show up. It’s earned Konami some extra points in our book.
What is Silent Hill 4: The Room? For those who are not familiar, you can read the official description of the game below.
“Henry Townshend finds himself trapped in his apartment and the only escape is through a mysterious portal that leads to a horrifying alternate reality. With gruesome sights around every corner and his sanity being tested, he must find his way out of this nightmare. Enter The Room, a thrilling story in the most terrifying game series of all time.”
Silent Hill 4: The Room was originally released in 2004, so it’s been quite some time since we’ve seen this game. Unfortunately, there isn’t a great way to play the older Silent Hill games on PC or console unless you have some older hardware lying around.
- Microsoft Reportedly Looking to Buy Silent Hill and Metal Gear from Konami
- Konami Debunks New Silent Hill Game Rumor
- Two New Silent Hill Games In the Works at Konami, According to New Leak
With the release of Silent Hill 4: The Room, we hope to see the first three games also get a re-release on PC. With the cadence that Konami has been working with GOG to release their older titles, we might see them sooner rather than later.
Here are a few other bullet points about Silent Hill 4 found on the GOG website.
- A riveting Silent Hill adventure with shocking plot twists
- Fend off new monsters, including ghosts that defy physical reality.
- Visual transitions between 1st and 3rd person gameplay modes - the first in the series.
- Explore new environments, including an otherworldly forest and grisly prison