If you’re someone who loves the charming indie game Coffee Talk from Toge Productions, you may be excited to hear that new Coffee Talk content is coming. That’s right, a full second episode of Coffee Talk is in development and set to release sometime in 2022!
Second Episode of Coffee Talk Announced, Coming in 2022
✨ New episode is coming! ✨— Toge Productions 🌱 The Indie Houses (@togeproductions) August 31, 2021
We're delighted to announce that we're working on Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly! 🌺🦋 There will be new characters, ingredients, music, and stories to tell! ☕️
🔻Wishlist here https://t.co/OVM1tcA1Im#CoffeeTalk #PixelArt #indiegame pic.twitter.com/Cr8iTes14f
Toge Productions shared some exciting news today in the form of a Coffee Talk related announcement. Specifically, that Coffee Talk is getting a second episode with the same relaxing gameplay you love, plus new content.
The second episode is scheduled to release sometime in 2022 and is titled Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly.
On the episode’s official Steam page, the following description can be found:
“In a time where people are isolated from each other, Coffee Talk is a place where we can reconnect over a cup of warm drink. It’s time to revisit your favorite late-night coffee shop and reconnect with your fantasy friends over a warm drink or two.
You are a barista, and your customers aren't always humans, listen to their stories and influence their hearts with a warm cup of coffee or two. The game features:
Brew Warm Drinks
- Mix a combination of ingredients, such as tea, ginger, mint, chocolate, coffee and many more. Experiment and uncover secret recipes, change people’s lives by serving drinks that will warm their hearts.
Create Latte-Art Masterpieces
- Show your creativity, draw your own latte-art masterpiece with our in-game fluid simulation to decorate your drinks.
Chill Lo-fi Atmosphere
- Immerse yourself in the relaxing coffee shop atmosphere. It’s raining outside, brew yourself a warm drink, play lo-fi chillhop beats, and listen to the coffee talk.
Urban Fantasy Cappuccinopunk
- Set in an alternate present-day Seattle where humans, orcs, elves, and other races have been coexisting since the beginning of time. Explore the world through the stories told by your customers one cup at a time.
Hangout With a Diverse Cast
- Meet quirky and interesting characters, such as; Baileys the elf freelance graphic designer, Lua, the succubus bisdev executive, Myrtle the orc game developer, and more. Listen to their stories and influence them with a warm drink or two!"
Essentially, you’ll be doing the same activity of making beverages like coffee and tea for patrons while talking to them and learning more about them. You can expect to enjoy more lo-fi chillhop beats which add to the calming, soothing atmosphere of Coffee Talk, and some interesting beverages to make.
In the photos included as part of the second episode’s Steam page, you can see one of the drinks included with Hibiscus & Butterfly called Butterfly Pea. With that drink crossing off the butterfly box, we imagine we’ll see some type of hibiscus drink as well.
The second episode is scheduled to release sometime in 2022, to keep track of its release be sure to add Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly to your Steam wishlist.
And while we wait to learn more about Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly, we’re curious what your thoughts are on the announcement. Are you excited for more Coffee Talk? Are you wondering what sort of beverages will be included with Episode 2?
Related: Sifu Gets February 2022 Release Date