The Resident Evil 2 crossover event for PUBG Mobile has now kicked off. The update adds a new limited-time mode called Zombie: Survive Till Dawn in which baddies and bosses from Resident Evil 2 appear across the map the harass players. You’ll still need to compete with other players as normal, but now you’ll also need to dodge zombies while battling for loot across Erangel.
Set at night time, the map is now home to countless undead that’ll crawl to life from the soil around you. In addition to the regular undead horde, you’ll also face lickers and fend off (or run from) big bosses including the fedora-capped Mr. X tyrant, and William Birkin’s Stage 1 G-Virus monster.
To give your squad a fighting chance (or at least a stylish chance) you’ll be able to dress up in Resident Evil 2 themed outfits by completing the Pandemic Treasure event, which is also running alongside the Anniversary Treasure Event.
Sadly the Survive Till Dawn event only takes place on the original Erangel map, but Vikendi also got a bit of spookiness added in the form of a “moonlight” weather setting which will now start showing up from time to time. In addition, a few of the houses on the map have also been redesigned.
We’ve included the full patch notes below so that you can see everything added in the Resi 2 update for PUBG Mobile.
Full Patch 0.11.0 Notes
- Added Zombie: Survive Till Dawn, a new event mode that is here for a limited time only. Fight to survive as usual on Erangel, but zombies and bosses from Resident Evil 2 will also spawn on the map! Kill them to get resources and items.
- Added weather: Moonlight to Vikendi.
- Added player Spaces, where player information and Connections are displayed. Select a friend with Synergy 400 or above as Partner to stand by your side in your Space!
- Added Pandemic Treasure event. Get your Resident Evil 2 outfits now!
- Added Anniversary Treasure event. Celebrate the game’s anniversary with all kinds of rare finishes!
- Added Resident Evil 2 main menu theme and music.
- Anniversary items are on sale while quantities last!
- Added Anniversary emotes, avatars and frames.
- Sanhok is now available in Arcade – Quick Match.
- Character image and Connections are now visible on profile.
- Added new titles: “#1/100” (permanent) and “Survivor” (time-limited).
- Some houses in Vikendi have been redesigned.
- SMG and Assault Rifles War Modes now start with double the ammo.
- Past results are now kept up to 1 month. Older data will be cleared.
- Fixed terrain display bugs for budget devices.