The team behind the hit mobile AR game, Pokemon GO, has just announced how they are celebrating three phenomenal years and it includes a mini-event that players will not want to miss out on. From photo set opportunities, to spawn rates to make any trainer drool, the Pokemon GO 3-year anniversary is going to have a lot to offer mobile players.
The 3-year celebration will have more than just a simple event to enjoy, instead offering three new mini-games for all to enjoy with the first kicking off on June 28th at 1 PM PT. The first of three events will offer higher spawn rates for Pokemon such as Sandhrew, Vulpix, Digglett, and more in addition to exclusive new Avatar items for players to truly show off their style.
- Shiny Alolan Pokémon -- You'll have a chance of encountering the following Shiny Alolan Pokémon: Rattata, Sandshrew, Vulpix, Diglett, Meowth, Geodude, Grimer, and Exeggutor.
- Team leader avatar items -- Avatar items featuring the team leaders' personal styles will be available in the Style Shop.
Niantic also revealed from June 28th until July 6th is the second event called Party Hat Photobombs. Once a day, Pokemon GO players will have a shot at a festive-hat wearing Pikachu that is available for celebratory photos.
- A familiar face returns to the party! -- Once per day, you might have the chance to encounter a Pikachu wearing a party hat when you take a GO Snapshot photo! Pichu wearing a party hat will also be available to hatch from 7 km eggs
Niantic is rounding out this year with their third event, starting from June 28th until September 2nd that focuses on Raids, Trading, and Jump-Starts. Players will have specific objectives to complete for a chance to earn special rewards and other intriguing incentives.
- Jump-Start Research -- Looking to get up to speed with your research? Do you have a friend who wants to play but feels they've missed out on too much in Pokémon GO? Don't worry! Trainers can complete new Special Research for helpful rewards that will jump-start their new or continuing adventures. This Special Research is only available this summer for players at level 10 or higher, so be sure to let your friends know about this opportunity to join in and get special rewards.
- Raid bonuses -- Take down Raid Bosses faster and earn extra bonus Premier Balls to catch them with when you raid with friends.
The fun begins on June 28th for the Pokemon GO 3 year anniversary!