A new Fortnite update is here and brings with it a new Limited Time Mode rotation and an explosive new way to take out enemy players with the addition of Air Strikes. The latest Fortnite update is live now and though shorter than usual, definitely packs a punch.
You can check out the new Air Strike item in the video above with a breakdown below, courtesy of Epic Games:
- A thrown canister of colored smoke that calls in a flurry of missiles from above.
- Once the canister comes to rest, missiles will spawn after a short delay.
- Missiles spawn about 120 meters above the smoke canister.
- Missiles aim for random points within a 9 meters radius of the thrown object.
- A total of 20 missiles are spawned.
- Each missile has an explosion radius of 3.5 meters.
- Each missile deals 75 damage to players and 200 damage to structures.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, and Llamas.
- Drops in stacks of 1.
- Max stack size of 2.
- Legendary variant.
For those that are particularly fond of the Limited Time Modes that Fortnite has to offer, the team also debuted a new rotation for players to enjoy:
Limited Time Modes
High Explosives Squads
- Battle Royale with Explosive weapons only! ‘Splode all of the enemies back to the lobby to earn the Victory Royale!
Sneaky Silencers Solo
- Nighttime fighting with silenced weapons.
- Classic Battle Royale with only weapons and items from Seasons one and two.
Solid Gold Duos
- Fight to the finish using Legendary weapons!
- In this mode, all guns have been removed. The only weapons are grenades and other items that can be thrown or tossed.
- Drop into this fast-paced Limited Time Mode! You’d better keep moving because the Storm never does.
The latest Fortnite update is now live on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices. To see what else is new, you can check out the full patch notes right here on the game’s official website. You can also check out our Game Hub for tips and tricks regarding the ongoing 14 Days of Summer event.