On Xbox Wire, Microsoft announced a special 20th anniversary Xbox celebration broadcast which is set to air on November 15. While there will be no new game announcements, it sounds like it’s nevertheless worth checking out, especially if you enjoy some heartwarming nostalgia.
Microsoft Announces Xbox 20th Anniversary Celebration Broadcast
Microsoft plans to air a special broadcast in celebration of the 20th anniversary of Xbox. The broadcast will air on November 15 starting at 10:00 a.m. (PST), 1:00 p.m. (EST), and 5:00 p.m. (GMT).
While a new Xbox-related livestream is always exciting as far as game announcements go, this particular broadcast won’t include any new game announcements.
“We invite you to join us on November 15 to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Xbox and Halo with a fun, digital broadcast for fans around the globe. While we won’t announce any new games, this anniversary broadcast will be a special look back at 20 years of Xbox. We’ll share more details soon, so stay tuned.”
Other details in the Xbox Wire post about the 20th anniversary broadcast include details about new Game Pass launches including Forza Horizon 5 and Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Now, just weeks before the Xbox 20th anniversary in November, we’re excited to kick-off three epic months of back-to-back blockbuster game launches in Game Pass:
- The Age of Empires franchise has been a major part of Microsoft’s gaming legacy for 24 years and the Oct. 28 launch of Age of Empires IV will be our biggest yet, bringing the evolved real-time strategy game to a new generation on Steam and Game Pass for PC on day one.
- Minecraft will join Game Pass for PC on Nov. 2, followed by new Minecraft Dungeons Seasonal Adventures in December, and Caves & Cliffs: Part II later this year.
- On Nov. 9, gaming’s premier racing franchise returns when Forza Horizon 5’s open-world adventure in Mexico speeds into Xbox Game Pass. Our biggest Forza Horizon ever and winner of the Most Anticipated Game of E3 award, Forza Horizon 5 will launch simultaneously on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows PC and Steam, and Game Pass including console, PC and Cloud Gaming (beta).
- Microsoft Flight Simulator: Game of the Year Edition launches Nov. 18 as a free update for existing players, including Game Pass members, with five new aircrafts, eight new airports, new Discovery Flights and tutorials, and highly requested community features like DX12 support. Microsoft Flight Simulator will also release the exciting Reno Air Races, which features the fastest motorsport on Earth will also be available on Nov. 18.
- The Master Chief returns on Dec. 8 with Halo Infinite. This is the Halo we imagined 20 years ago, finally come to life in the largest Halo game we have ever made. Halo Infinite will be available in Game Pass when it launches across Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. Game Pass Ultimate members will also receive monthly multiplayer bonuses as part of the Perks program.
After hearing about the 20th anniversary broadcast for Xbox and Halo, we’re curious to hear your thoughts. Are you planning to check out the livestream on November 15?
Are you sad there won’t be any new game announcements? Let us know in the comments below, or on our social media channels including Facebook and Twitter!
Related: Xbox Game Pass Adds The Forgotten City, DragonBall FighterZ & More