Marvel’s Avengers has undoubtedly had a rocky launch. Plagued with bugs and matchmaking issues, the team at Crystal Dynamics certainly have their work cut out for them. In a State of the Game post on their website, they outlined some of the more critical features they are looking to improve.
Marvel’s Avenger’s Kate Bishop & Next Generation Versions Delayed
Unfortounley this means that the team had to announce that the newest addition to the Avengers roster, Kate Bishop’s release will be pushed back. Originally slated for this month, the release date of this content is now unknown.
On top of that, Crystal Dynamics also announced that they would be pushing the next-generation versions of Marvel’s Avengers to 2021 so they can work on more pressing issues with the game and make sure when those versions release they are worth it.
Here are some of the more immediate changes that the team is working on for the immediate future.
- Avengers Initiative Ping System: A system that will allow players to mark objectives, resources, health crates, and enemies, allowing players to command AI companions to hack/smash doors or prioritize specific enemies.
- Reassemble Campaign Replay: An option to reset the Reassemble campaign and replay it with your Super Hero’s level and gear intact.
- High Contrast Mode: An accessibility feature that will allow the player to apply solid darken veils behind text to improve readability.
- Hero Icon Visibility: An option to adjust the display of identifying icons above a Super Hero’s head to be on by default or dynamic.
- Mission Reward Clarity: Improved clarity around mission-specific rewards when viewed on the WAR TABLE. This will allow players to more strategically take on missions to meet their current goals and seek out specific gear and resources.
- Offscreen & Ranged Enemy Attack Indicators: Better feedback for players to avoid offscreen and ranged enemy attacks.
It’s not all bad news, though! Players who log in between October 22 and November 5 will receive the following rewards as a thank you from the team.
- Credits: 1500 – Enough for a Legendary Skin and Nameplate from the Marketplace
- Units: 7000
- Upgrade Modules: 250
- DNA Keys: 20
- A Sarah Garza-Inspired Nameplate (Because seriously, you’re the best.)
It’s not much, but hey, at least it’s something. Hopefully, this game can make a turnaround and become worthy of lifting Mjolnir.
- Marvel’s Avengers: How to Make a Great AI Team
- Can You Skip the Campaign in Marvel’s Avengers?
- Marvel’s Avengers: All War Zone Mission Types