The Nintendo Direct was full of exciting announcements today. Among the announcements, viewers were treated to news about several indie games coming to the Nintendo Switch this year.
While Loop Hero doesn’t have an exact release date yet like some of the other indies shown during the Nintendo Direct, we do know that it’s officially coming to Nintendo Switch later this year, and that’s exciting enough in and of itself!
Loop Hero Coming to Nintendo Switch Later This Year
Are you a fan of Loop Hero who’s thought, “I wish I could take Loop Hero with me everywhere I go.” If yes, you’re in luck because Loop Hero is getting a Nintendo Switch release later this year!
As for when, we don’t know the exact release date for Loop Hero, only that it has a 2021 release window. With only four months of 2021 left (we know, it’s wild to us to hear that too) the wait for Loop Hero on Switch shouldn’t be too long.
If you’ve heard of Loop Hero but have never actually played it for yourself, the game’s Steam page includes a fantastic description of what the game consists of, which you can also read below.
“The Lich has thrown the world into a timeless loop and plunged its inhabitants into never ending chaos. Wield an expanding deck of mystical cards to place enemies, buildings, and terrain along each unique expedition loop for the brave hero.
Recover and equip powerful loot for each class of hero for their battles and expand the survivors’ camp to reinforce each adventure through the loop. Unlock new classes, new cards, and devious guardians on your quest to shatter the endless cycle of despair.
- Infinite Adventure: Select from unlockable character classes and deck cards before setting out on each expedition along a randomly generated loop path. No expedition is ever the same as the ones before it.
- Plan Your Struggle: Strategically place building, terrain, and enemy cards along each loop to create your own dangerous path. Find balance between the cards to increase your chances of survival while recovering valuable loot and resources for your camp.
- Loot and Upgrade: Strike down menacing creatures, recover stronger loot to equip on the fly and unlock new perks along the way.
- Expand Your Camp: Turn hard-earned resources into campsite upgrades and gain valuable reinforcements with each completed loop along the expedition path.
- Save the Lost World: Overcome a series of unholy guardian bosses over a grand saga to save the world and break the time loop of the Lich!”
In referencing the Steam page for Loop Hero, we feel it’s worth mentioning the game is currently available on Steam at a 33% discount, bringing its purchase price down to $10.04 (USD).
You can also get the Loop Hero bundle that includes the game’s soundtrack on sale, with the bundle available for $16.03 (USD). It’s a great option if you want to check out the game right now rather than waiting for the Nintendo Switch release.
Furthermore, you can always buy a copy on both platforms if you fall in love with the game. We definitely recommend checking it out, especially if you enjoy strategy games with deckbuilding, RPG, and roguelike elements.