Dotemu has announced that the highly anticipated Windjammers 2 will receive an open beta starting tomorrow on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 tomorrow.
It's Time To Throw Your Discs Into The Ring With The Windjammers 2 Open Beta Starting Tomorrow
The open beta will run from August 11 through August 22 and will offer cross-play between both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.
If you’re unfamiliar with Windjammers, it’s essentially pong turned up to 11. Special moves cause the disc to bounce around the environment at great speeds and makes the player feel like they are playing their favorite Shonen anime. Score point by getting the disc in your opponent’s goal.
It will feature four different characters all with their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Steve Miller (United Kingdom) Clever and agile, Steve excels at executing split-second reversals and tricky curved shots.
- Gary Scott (United States) The American heavyweight may be slow, but he’s one of the game’s most powerful characters. And I have to admit, he’s also the Dotemu team’s favorite.
- Loris Biaggi (Italy) Swift, strong, versatile…this well-balanced champion hasn’t lost a step.
- Sophie De Lys (France) We just had to add a French character, right? But attention: she’s fast and furious.
After you pick your character it will be time to try out the four different stages the beta offers.
- Beach: A narrow court that facilitates fast games and quick throws
- Ring: A wide stage perfect for running your opponent ragged
- Stadium: This court boasts a 5-point zone that grows larger when a player scores multiple times in a row. A great way to catch-up
- Rooftop: a regular court, except for the bumpers that change the disc’s direction when they’re hit. Careful, they’re as diabolical as they sound!
There is currently no release date for Windjammers 2 so be sure to check out the open beta to get your fix because who knows when you’ll have another chance.
- Nintendo Indie World Showcase Set For August 11
- According to New Report, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Is In Fact, In Development
- Gamora Drops into Fortnite On August 14 Alongside the Return of Star-Lord