With the ongoing Activision/Blizzard controversy, Head of Xbox Phil Spencer said “He’s evaluating all aspects of our relationship with Activision Blizzard and making ongoing proactive adjustments” in an email sent to staff. This report comes from Bloomberg.
Head of Xbox Phil Spencer "Disturbed and Deeply Troubled By The Horrific Events And Actions" At Activision Blizzard According To New Report
This comes just one day after President and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment Jim Ryan stated similar sentiments.
This is directly related to the Wall Street Journal article that went live yesterday stating that the CEO of Activision Blizzard Bobby Kotick was not only aware of the ongoing harassment and mistreatment of employees but was involved himself.
Spencer also states that he is “disturbed and deeply troubled by the horrific events and actions” at the company.
Xbox has had a longtime partnership with Activision/Blizzard, mainly for exclusive deals with the Call of Duty franchise. While it remains to be seen what the plan is moving forward for Xbox, it's clear that the toxicity of Activision Blizzard is leaking from its pores so visibly that other companies do not want to touch it anymore.
Spencer isn’t the only one to publicize his disdain for the atrocities being committed over at Act/Blizzard. You can read all of our coverage of the ongoing controversies down below.
- Activision Blizzard Shareholders Demand Departure of Bobby Kotick and Top Board Members
- Activision Blizzard Employees Demand Bobby Kotick Step Down Following Damning Report (UPDATE)
- Activision Blizzard Leadership Details Accountability Plans and Confirms 20 Terminations
- Activision Blizzard Employees to Hold Walkout Protest Tomorrow
- 800+ Activision Blizzard Employees Condemn Company Response in Open Letter