Developer Dark Lord and publisher Daedalic Entertainment have announced a brand-new Cyberpunk themed adventure.
Glitchpunk Announcement Trailer is Cyberpunk Meets GTA 2
Glitchpunk features a Cyberpunk aesthetic mixed with top-down action reminiscent of old school GTA games.
You can check out all of the hacking and combat action in the reveal trailer below.
Here’s the description of the game.
“In Glitchpunk you play as a glitching android going against your own programming and challenging the tyrannical governments and megacorps of the dystopian near-future. Forge your own path in several cities full of drug-crazed gangs, aggressive police, and irresponsible drivers that make each mission and playthrough unpredictable. Steal cars and lead your enemies on a merry chase, fight them with a variety of melee and long-range weapons, and upgrade your own body with tech.”
If you’re looking for more Cyberpunk aesthetic in your life, Glitchpunk will enter Early Access in the first half of this year.
Here’s a little more information from the Key Features section on the Steam page
- Brutal top-down action with a big arsenal of weapons to choose from
- Many different ways of locomotion, including trains, tanks, motorbikes, buses, trucks and obviously tons of cars
- Frantic police chases and up to 10 escalations of wanted-levels
- 12 gangs with their own stories, quests and culture
- 4 different cities, from the desert remains of the USA to cyberpunk Soviet Russia in a post-nuclear winter
- Mature story with several endings
- Rare artstyle mix of 2D sprites in 3D environment
- In-game radio with music by artists from all over the world, together with news stations and absurd commercials
The developer Dark Lord is currently a seven-person studio out of Germany.
- Cyberpunk 2077 1.1 Patch Notes
- CD Projekt Red Co-Founder Marcin Iwiński Explains Cyberpunk 2077’s Rough Launch In New Video
- Polish Consumer Protection Agency Monitoring Cyberpunk 2077 Refunds and Improvements