Special Operation 4, the final update for Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Year 2 season, is set to launch on Wednesday, February 27. Ubisoft revealed that the update will include new content for both PvE and PvP players alongside community-requested features.
Although the blog post is light on details for the new PvE mode, it does promise to “test your endurance.” Those who complete the mission will earn a new outfit. Additionally, Ghost War PvP is getting two new maps along with a new class. An adjustable Time of Day option will be added to solo campaigns and Ghost Mode.
Previous operations have sometimes crossed over with other Ubisoft franchises such as Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, and Ghost Recon Future Soldier – all games in the Tom Clancy universe. There’s no telling if Special Operation 4 will do the same, but more information should be coming soon.
In the meantime, here is the full list of features and changes Ghost Recon Wildlands players can expect from Special Operation 4.
- PvE Mode and Reward: Special Operation 4 contains a brand new PvE mode that will test your endurance. Upon completing the mode for the first time, you will receive an outfit set.
- PvP Class and Maps: Another soldier is ready to join the fight. Ghost War will get one additional class, as well as two new maps.
- Year 2 Pass: Year 2 Pass holders will get a free pack containing customization items and a weapon, as well as early, direct access to the new Ghost War class starting on February 27 for one week.
- Time of Day for Solo Campaign Mode: Players will now be able to change their Time of Day via a new setting option in solo campaign mode and solo Ghost Mode.
- Battle Crate Update: We will be moving all Voice Lines and a selection of Emotes from Battle Crates to Prestige Crates.
- Prestige Crate Update: Drop rates modified to be more generous for higher rarity items.
- Custom Match Browser: You will be able to create and browse custom matches based on your selected criteria.
- Challenges: We are moving from Challenge Seasons to a selection of Daily Challenges (three Solo, one Task Force, and one Community Challenge) with increased Prestige Credit rewards.
- Challenge Rewards: Completing a certain number a Daily Challenges per week will grant you additional rewards, such as Prestige Crates and a Battle Crate.
- PvP Events: Two new Events added to the pool.