Polish strategy game Frostpunk is officially making its way to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 later this year, perfect for those console players that are craving a gritty simulation title with an phenomneal story.
According to 11 Bit Studios, "Frostpunk: Console Edition is a society survival game where heat means life and every decision comes at a price. Presenting complex strategic gameplay, demanding challenges and rich story, Frostpunk extends its unmatched survival experience to consoles."
The controls will of course be adapted for console players, making the necessary changes in order to make sure that the transition to PS4 and Xbox One is a smooth one. "We don't want to reveal the exact release date yet, but I can say that the game should be out in the summer," says lead designer Kuba Stokalski.
While we wait for an official release date for console, the PC version of the post-apocalyptic game is available now to enjoy. The 19th-century style combined with a rich narrative within a bleak world makes this game a solid pick for gamers looking for something new.
For more about the game:
- Survival is about hope and the will to live. Your ability to spark and maintain these two in your people will be a determinant factor for success.
MAKE THE LAW
- Society is a group of people abiding by the same rules and sharing similar beliefs. Establishing laws and customs will be a crucial factor in shaping your society.
WEIGH YOUR CHOICES
- Will you allow child-labor? How will you treat the sick and wounded? Frostpunk challenges tactical skills while questioning your morality.
- Expeditions, while risky, can bring you valuable intel, precious supplies and grow your society's population. There may be people out there, and their fate lies solely in your hands.
- Endless Mode offers new maps, game modes, mechanics, and allows you to dive into the Frostpunk experience deeper than ever before.