After having a number of Closed Beta trials, Torn Banner is opening things up and making it easier than ever before to experience all the bloody, chaotic fun Chivalry 2 has to offer. Announced earlier today, a free Cross-Play Open Beta period for Chivalry 2 is set to begin on May 27.
It’ll be available to anyone interested in checking out the game, and with more people able to jump into Chivalry 2 a few opportunities present themselves. Notably the ability to test out larger Team Objective battles with the Open Beta supporting up to 64 players.
Free Cross-Play Open Beta for Chivalry 2 Announced
A free Cross-Play Open Beta for Chivalry 2 is charging forward, sword held high. The Cross-Play Open Beta begins May 27 with preload opportunities available on May 26 starting at 11:00 a.m. (EDT).
It’ll last until June 1, a week before the official release of Chivalry 2 on June 8. The Cross-Play Open Beta will be available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC (via the Epic Games Store).
If you’re planning to play on PlayStation, you’ll be able to access the Open Beta without a PlayStation Plus subscription. However, if you’re playing on Xbox, you will need an Xbox Live Gold subscription.
If you’ve already participated in one or more Closed Betas for Chivalry 2 in the past, there are plenty of reasons to return and take part in the upcoming Cross-Play Open Beta.
“Featuring a ton of new maps, features, and updates based on player feedback from the Closed Beta, there is a wealth of new content to experience and discover in the upcoming Cross-Play Open Beta program,” notes a news post on the official Chivalry 2 website.
The news post goes on to list and elaborate upon the highlights that Cross-Play Open Beta participants can look forward to. We’ve listed all of these for you below, with text courtesy of the Chivalry 2 website.
“Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Open Beta content and highlights include:
- The Slaughter of Coxwell (New Team Objective Map): The Mason Order seeks to make a brutal example of the peaceful village of Coxwell after it declared support for Argon II. Burn the village, breach the gate, steal the gold, and kill the soldiers.
- The Battle of Darkforest (New Team Objective Map): Agathian forces lie in wait, ready to ambush the Mason army that marches forth to kill the Duke of Fogbern Keep. Destroy the barricade, push the convoy, capture and hold the gatehouse, and kill the Duke.
- The Siege of Rudhelm (Team Objective Map): After weeks of siege, Agathian forces begin a final assault upon a Mason stronghold defended by the Mason heir. Push the siege towers, capture and hold the gatehouse, burn the tents, push the siege ramps, capture and hold the courtyard, and take down the heir to achieve victory.
- The Battle of Wardenglade (Team Deathmatch/FFA Map): The armies of the Mason Order and Agathian Knights meet in an evenly matched open field of battle.
- Tournament Grounds (Team Deathmatch/FFA Map): Elite warriors of the Mason Order and the Agathian Knights fight for supremacy and adoration of the crowd.
- Free-for-All (New for Open Beta): It’s you versus everyone else in this chaotic free-for-all gamemode appearing for the first time in the Cross-Play Open Beta.
- Full Customization (New for Open Beta): Customize your in-game appearance and unlock a wide variety of cosmetic options as you earn experience with each of the game’s four base classes and 12 sub-classes.
- Duel Servers (New for Open Beta): Available for PC only, players can choose to enter special servers set up for players looking to hone their 1-on-1 dueling skills with other players. Participants are asked to abide by the honor system and respect players aiming to focus on 1-on-1 duels.
- 64/40 Player Server Options (New for Open Beta): Experience the chaos of epic medieval battlefields, charge forth to the frontlines of battle, and experience true mass-scale combat supporting up to 64-players designed to capture the intensity and scope of “The Battle of the Bastards” from Game of Thrones. For players interested in more strategic battles requiring more communication and teamwork, options to join 40-player servers for Team Objective mode will also be available.
- Same Platform Parties (New for Open Beta): Players can now group up and form a party on the same platform before joining a Cross-Play match.”
Last, but certainly not least, a new Dev Diary video was posted by Torn Banner in conjunction with the Cross-Play Open Beta announcement. You can check that video out on Torn Banner’s YouTube channel, and we’ve also embedded the video for you below.
Again, the free Cross-Play Open Beta for Chivalry 2 begins May 27 and runs until June 1. It’ll be available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC (via the Epic Games Store).