The latest Fortnite patch went live earlier today, adding the highly-anticipated Port-a-Fort device to Fortnite Battle Royale. Along with the new item comes various new features and gameplay improvements in Fortnite Update v3.5, including the long awaited Replay System that allows players to review previous matches using different camera settings.
As with most Fortnite updates, today’s patch is chock full of bug fixes and gameplay features for both Battle Royale and Save the World game modes in Fortnite. We’ve rounded up some of the highlights from Update v3.5 below, but if you’d like to see everything that came with this update, Epic Games has the full patch notes for Update v3.5 on their website.
- New Port-a-Fort Item – The Port-a-Fort is the latest gadget to hit the battlefield in Fortnite Battle Royale. This new item allows players to instantly deploy pop-up huge forts on the fly, without having to manually build each piece. Port-a-Forts offer a simple way for new players or novice builders to create defensive structures, giving them an upper-hand during battle.
- Replay System – The other major feature in this week’s Fortnite update is the new Replay System, which allows players to review and replay previous matches using different camera modes and settings. While everyone can benefit from these tools, the Replay System was built with content creators in mind, offering a new way to spruce up edited videos and montages.
- 50v50 v2 LTM – Fortnite players who enjoyed teaming up in large squads in the limited-time 50v50 mode can look forward to doing so again in 50v50 v2. The second round of the 50v50 LTM consists of 20-minute Battle Royale matches where two teams of 50 go head-to-head. The final storm circle is visible from the start and loot drops are increased during these massive squad-based battles.
- Squad Comms Wheel – Players who don’t use voice chat in Fortnite Battle Royale will now have the option of using various in-game callouts thanks to the newly added Squad Comms Wheel. Squads can now quickly communicate without voice using preset callouts like “Need Meds” or “Need Weapon”. Pull up the Squad Comms Wheel by pressing the ‘V’ key on PC, right on the D-Pad on controller, or the emote menu on mobile.
- Cyberpunk Heroes (StW) – Save the World players can look forward to picking up four new cyberpunk-style heroes in Fortnite: Bullet Storm Jonesy, Harvester Sarah, Heavy BASE Kyle, and T.E.D.D. Shot Jess. Each new hero comes with their own energy-based cyberpunk perks.
There’s a lot to take in with this Fortnite update, and we still have the Week 8 Battle Pass challenges to look forward to, which should be on their way this Thursday. To get a head start on the Week 8 challenges in Fortnite, head over to our guides on all Taco Shop locations in Fortnite, as well as what it means to search between three boats in Fortnite.