A huge new update for Final Fantasy XIV is here and brings with it a ton of new features for players to enjoy. The constantly evolving MMORPG has seen a ton of changes since launch and now it’s getting something that NieR Automata fans can appreciate: a new raid dungeon inspired by the beloved game.
The new raid inspired by NieR Automata is called the YoRHa Dark Apocalypse alliance raid and it was even designed by Yoko Taro and Tosuke Saito for even more authenticity. This new raid houses 24 players and will task them with conquering the Copied Factory dungeon. It’s dangerous – it wouldn’t be a raid if it weren’t – and will challenge players to take on waves of enemies while discovering the lifeforms seen in the NieR series.
Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.1 Notes
Patch 5.1 adds a sleuth of new content for players to enjoy. Here’s what’s new with Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty:
- Main Scenario Quests – The next chapter in the acclaimed Shadowbringers main storyline.
- 24-Player Alliance Raid: “The Copied Factory” – Featuring Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO as guest creators, players will battle against machine lifeforms as they explore this new raid dungeon inspired by the world of NieR.
- New Game+ – Revisit previously completed quests, cutscenes, dialogue, and battles while keeping your current character and level. Patch 5.1 includes the main scenario quests for Heavensward™, Stormblood™, and Shadowbringers.
- Trial: Hades (Extreme) – Players can relive the battle against this fearsome foe in a high-difficulty battle challenge.
- Dungeon: “The Grand Cosmos” – Players can explore this great palace built by the Elves alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- Beast Tribe Quests – Enter the fantastical Garden of Dreams, Lyhe Mheg—a new area featuring a new questline with more of the mischief-loving pixies.
- Job Adjustments – The ninja, samurai, and summoner jobs will receive comprehensive adjustments to their current playstyles, while other jobs will receive various smaller changes.
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul – Various adjustments to actions, the removal of additional actions, UI improvements, and more will enhance the gathering and crafting experience for beginners and veterans alike.
- Gold Saucer GATE “The Slice is Right” – Yojimbo makes his debut at the Gold Saucer in this new mini game that will test players’ reflexes…and sheer luck.
- Patch 5.1 will also feature the introduction of the ‘Fellowship’ community system, updates to Performance Actions, system updates, and more.
As for what else is on the way as this next phase of Final Fantasy continues to evolve:
- Crafter and Gatherer Content, “Ishgard Restoration” (Patch 5.11) – Players on each World will work together as a whole to deliver goods, complete various tasks and restore the Firmament to its former glory.
- Ultimate Difficulty Raid, “The Epic of Alexander” (Patch 5.11) – A raid that will push even the most skilled players to their limits.
- PvP Frontline Map: “Onsal Hakair (Danshig Naadam)” (Patch 5.15) – Grand Companies will join forces with the tribes of the Azim Steppe to fight in the Danshig Naadam and demonstrate their battle prowess.
- Blue Mage Updates (Patch 5.15) – The limited job will have its level cap raised to 60 and receive fresh job quests, Masked Carnivale stages and an expanded job log.
And for even more content, the Halloween event is still underway, so needless to say there is plenty to do in the world of Final Fantasy XIV beyond that of the NieR addition!