Soccer is back and this time there's emotion behind it.
EA Sports confirmed today that it was bringing FIFA 14 to consoles later this year, the latest in its long line of popular soccer simulations. The upcoming adaptation, which will be released for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC (and possibly next-gen consoles as well), will come with a variety of new features.
First up is Pure Shot, a feature with a brand new ball physics system. You'll be able to make every shot attempt feel more realistic than ever before, including "perfect strikes" at the goal. You can change your stride and approach angle with ease, and take advantage of off-balance and rushed shots, to throw off goalies. You can also kick the ball with force from a distance if you feel like going for long shots.
Increased ball protection will also come into the game, with the ability to block or "out-muscle" defenders, giving you a better shot at scoring. Decision-making logic will also be tightened amongst teammates.
Turning in every direction at sprint speed will also be introduced, so you don't lose momentum.
Last but not least, the following changes will be included…
- Changes to the wildly popular FIFA Ultimate Team
- Global Scouting Network that brings the world of professional scouting to life. You can now develop and refine a scouting network to search for talent year-round.
- A new online Mode that will encourage social competition
- Multiple new features and benefits to EA Sports Football Club, the live service that is the heartbeat of FIFA
- Complete authenticity with more than 500 officially licensed clubs
"FIFA 14 will play the way great matches are contested with build up through midfield, tension throughout the match as chances are created, and incredible finishing," said David Rutter, Executive Producer for FIFA 14. "Opportunities in FIFA 14 will be rewarding and great goals will look stunning."
Look for more coverage on FIFA 14 in the months ahead!