We knew that it was only a matter of time before new Men’s Bantamweight champion, TJ Dillashaw, made his way into EA Sports UFC. Well, along with two other fighters, as well as several game updates and improvements, that day has arrived.
In addition to playing as Dillashaw, players can step into the Octagon as Takeya Mizugaki, also from the Bantamweight division, and Tyron Woodley from the Welterweight group.
Beyond the addition of three new fighters, the free update also makes the following improvements to the gameplay.
- Touch Gloves: Users will now have the ability to manually make their fighter touch gloves (or choose not to touch gloves) before beginning to fight by pressing L2 on PS4 or LT on Xbox One. This can be done at the start of every round, or anytime the ref stands the fighters up.
- Finish the Fight: During a knockout, the attacking fighter can jump on their downed opponent and “finish the fight” by delivering extra strikes as the knockout occurs.
- Sprawls: The defending fighter now sprawls when successfully defending against a power takedown.
- Clinch Break from the Cage: Fighters now have the ability to break out of a clinch when pressed against the fence by pressing the L3 button.
- Power Takedowns and Sweeps: Power takedowns and side control sweeps have been removed from fighters who would not normally have them.
- Stamina: Stamina no longer regenerates if the user holds block. The user will also take a larger stamina penalty if hit while weak blocking.
- Sweep Defense: The dominant fighter in the Full Guard position now has a larger window to reverse the Full Guard sweep to Mount.
Players on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms will be able to download and install the update for free as soon as they launch the game. For now, check the trailer below which highlights some of the newest additions.