After adding TJ Dillashaw in their first free update, EA Sports UFC is going live with their second free content package, adding a trio of popular fighters, as well as making some minor gameplay adjustments.
Players can now expect the opportunity to fight as the fan favorite, Matt “The Immortal” Brown, Mike “Quicksand” Pyle and the highly touted heavyweight prospect, Stipe Miocic. None of the three fighters are currently at the top of their division, but each of them does carry a lot of weight with fans, and will no doubt be welcome additions to the game’s roster.
On the gameplay side of things, the team at EA Canada has made several tweaks to improve individual player experiences while inside the Octagon.
- Manual Taunts – Players will now be able to add insult to injury with a well-placed taunt. Pressing Left or Right on the directional pad will cause a fighter to taunt their opponent mid-bout.
- Kick Catching – Players will now have the ability to catch opponents’ kicks during parries if the attacking fighter has low stamina or high leg-damage when throwing the kick. If the parry button is held, a takedown will be initiated.
- Single Leg into Half Guard – Successful basic Single Leg Takedowns will now end up in Half Guard.
- Stamina – Stamina loss on Strikes Landed has been adjusted.
- TKO Stoppage – The referee will now stop the bout if the submissive fighter blocks too many strikes without trying to improve their position during ground and pound.
To see all these changes in action, be sure to check out the trailer below.