Doom Eternal’s First DLC releases today, and with that comes a brand-new launch trailer.
The trailer for The Ancient Gods, which can be seen below, is full of the ripping and tearing you can expect from the series.
It has a ton of new content with new platforming, combat arenas, story, and sharks! The DLC is just part one of The Ancient Gods expansion, so players will have more to look forward to once they wrap this one up.
Here’s the official description of The Ancient Gods Part One.
“Your mission is now your own. The legions of Hell have razed the heavens, threatening to expand their control across dimensions. Unleash your vengeance and battle back to the Maykr’s realm. Defeat powerful new threats, restore order to the heavens and unearth the corruption that has thrown the universe into chaos.”
This update also comes with new some Slayer skins, support runes, and new milestones.
Here are some of the new Battlemode updates that come alongside this expansion.
- Players can now invite other players through platform interfaces
- Removed Ballista Destroyer Blade Mod and Plasma Rifle Microwave Mod from the Slayer’s inventory in BATTLEMODE
- Optimized loot drops (ammo/health) for better network performance
- Additional performance optimizations to improve network latency
This is great news for fans of the multiplayer mode in Doom Eternal. It’s great to see ID Software continue to support this mode with new additions and backend functionality.
There are some more nitty-gritty updates for Battlemode, which can be found on the official website here.
If you haven’t played Doom Eternal yet, you’re in luck because it was recently added to Xbox Game Pass!
The Ancient Gods expansion is out now on all platforms! It’s time to go slay those demons.
- DOOM Eternal Removes Denuvo Anti-Cheat After Massive Backlash
- DOOM Eternal – The Ancient Gods, Part One Expansion Revealed With New Trailer
- DOOM Eternal’s Soundtrack Wasn’t Mixed by the Composer And Fans Aren’t Happy