Dishonored is an incredible franchise that continues to build on an incredible world surrounding ... well, murder. With so many video games inspired by tabletop experiences and vice versa, more and more ways to delve into these amazing universes are becoming available and that's exactly what's happening now that a Dishonored tabletop RPG has been officially announced.
The new Dishonored tabletop RPG experience comes from Modiphious Entertainment. With their hard work still dedicated to a new Fallout tabletop game, the team is head-first in the gaming scene and a perfect fit for tackling the Dishonored world. As for when fans of Dishonored can expect to get their hands on this new experience, Modiphious plans to launch their 300-page Dishonored tabletop RPG this Summer while transporting fans back into Dunwall while introducing them to the Void and the Empire of the Isles.
We're incredibly excited to announce that we're designing the #Dishonored 2d20 #rpg game based on the BAFTA award-winning video game series by @ArkaneStudios and in partnership with @Bethesda. You can find out more and sign up for news here - https://t.co/bsexnaffT7 pic.twitter.com/ilTdO2UDlk— Modiphius (@Modiphius) January 22, 2020
According to the studio, "In close collaboration with Dishonored’s co-creative director Harvey Smith, Modiphius has worked with a diverse selection of writers and artists, some of which have already worked alongside Arkane Studios on the video game series, ensuring that the final product will live up to the fans’ expectations — while at the same time allowing them to explore the Empire of the Isles under a new lens.
"The Dishonored roleplaying game will be released in a deluxe table-friendly hardcover digest book containing everything players will need to jump straight into the streets of Dunwall, with a comprehensive guide to storytelling in the isles and a series of adventures that will take them on a journey of drama, intrigue, deception and occultism. Along with the book’s release, there will be custom dice, cards, and other accessories to add to the experience."
As for what the 300-page book has to offer:
- An introduction to the Empire of the Isles, and an in-depth look at its history, its people and the struggles they face.
- A step-by-step guide to play the role of the Protagonists: from grim assassins and rugged criminals, to intrepid explorers and stoic crown loyalists.
- A host of antagonists and a myriad different storyhooks to inspire you, from the harsh, cold lands of Tyvia to sunny Karnaca.
- Insight on the strange nature of the Void, as well as rules to harness the its reality-bending powers.
- "The Oil Trail", a mini-campaign in four acts that serves as a perfect introduction to the City of Dunwall.
- A streamlined narrative edition of the Modiphius 2d20 game system.
You can learn even more about the upcoming Dishonored tabletop RPG over on the official website right here.