Dead Cells was a roguelike metroidvania action platformer that blew the gaming community out of the water and while that game has incredible reach with being available on all consoles and PC, it's expanding even more with a mobile version coming this Summer.
The Dead Cells mobile adaptation is a total experience, meaning the studio is paying special attention to making sure it's done right.
- Carefully redesigned for iPhone and iPad with a revamped interface
- Two game modes available (original & auto-hit)
- Customize the buttons' positions and sizes, more touch controls options available
- Include MFi external controller support
- Premium game: get the full Dead Cells experience for €9.99! (no ads, no F2P mechanics)
- 11 languages available
There's no release date at this time, though we do know that the iOS version is slated for a Summer release with Android coming later. Need a little additional motivation? Check out more about the game we know and love below:
"You grew up with the roguelikes, witnessed the rise of the roguelites and even the birth of the roguelite-lites? We'd now like to present for your consideration our RogueVania, the illegitimate child of a modern Roguelite (Rogue Legacy, Binding of Isaac, Enter the Gungeon, Spelunky, etc.) and an old-school MetroidVania (Castlevania: SotN and its ilk)."
- RogueVania: The progressive exploration of an interconnected world, with the replayability of a rogue-lite and the adrenaline pumping threat of permadeath.
- 2D Souls-lite Action: Tough but fair combat, more than fifty weapons and spells with unique gameplay, and of course, the emergency panic roll to get you out of trouble.
- Nonlinear progression: Sewers, Ossuary or Remparts? Once unlocked, special permanent abilities allow you to access new paths to reach your objective. Opt for the path that suits your current build, your play style or just your mood.
- Exploration: Secret rooms, hidden passages, charming landscapes. Take a moment to stroll the towers and breath in that fresh sea mist infused air...
"Interconnected levels and progressive unlocking of access to the island provides you with a real incentive to explore your surroundings. Add in a degree of evolution for your character and permanent weapon upgrades and you can see where Dead Cells borrows from the long line of MetroidVanias that precede it.
"At the end of the day though, it's YOUR skills as a player that matter most! Roguelites are about constantly getting better, until what was an insurmountable obstacle becomes a walk in the park. Unforgiving combat wed to the absence of any kind of safety net makes for an adrenalin pumping ride each and every run and unrivaled replayability."