Battle Royale, it's everywhere and in many different forms, but what if you could make a Battle Royale experience that uses your own rules? Now you can, ish, thanks to Fortnite's Battle Lab that was introduced in the Fortnite 11.31 update that deployed this week.
Fortnite fans can create their own experience by using LTM loot components, various combat scenarios, and even changing things like gravity. It's a playground for those bored with the traditional Victory Royale experience, which is an awesome addition alongside the "new home" for the actual Playground itself.
According to Epic Games, here's what's new:
- Introducing Battle Lab:
- Jump into your own Battle Royale island and set the rules! Select from favorite LTM loot pools, set up combat scenarios with the new Bot Grenades, and create your own mode by setting options like gravity and fall damage.
- Fill your game with up to 15 friends on your own island, or matchmake with default options in a public Battle Lab.
- New home for Playground:
- Looking for Playground? We’ve incorporated Playground under Creative. Play Creative maps with others by queuing for Creative and choosing “Play” instead of “Create.”
In addition to the new aspects of Fortnite added, the latest update also includes a few bug fixes as well:
- Continued to make improvements regarding FPS drops and hitching on mobile devices.
- The Fire/Build button on mobile devices is no longer unavailable when the Glider Redeploy button is shown.
- Resolved an issue involving players being unable to exit the HUD Layout Tool on mobile devices.
- Resolved an issue involving being able to see the Edit option on enemy walls.
- The “Eliminations without aiming down sights” Dive! Challenge is now tracking progress properly.
- Resolved an issue involving the "Join Party" option through "Joinable Parties" not working on controller.
- The Item Shop countdown timer no longer appears out of sync for different players.
- Resolved stability issues.
Fortnite's Battle Lab, and update 11.31, is now live on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC, and mobile devices.