Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 1 is just around the corner, bringing with it new reasons to get in on the shooter action while resurrecting a few fan-favorites from games' past.
The team over at Activision took to their blog to reveal the roadmap for Modern Warfare season one, giving players a chance to look at the free content that will be available for all starting next week. As for which popular modes are returning, the two biggest reveals are Call of Duty: Ghosts and Infinite War's Reinforce mode, in addition to Modern Warfare 3's Infected coming back.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 1
According to the latest blog post, here's what's coming soon:
- Crash (Multiplayer Map): The iconic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map has returned with all the flanking routes and action-packed rooftop encounters you remember.
- Vacant (Multiplayer Map): An abandoned office, previously visited in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, leads to intense interior combat across the complex.
- Shipment (Multiplayer and Gunfight Map): The classic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map where fast and frenetic action reigns supreme.
- Port (Ground War Map): Battle across massive shipping crates, cranes, buildings and streets in this unique Ground War map experience.
- Cargo (Gunfight Map): An open-roof storage vessel for shipping containers, on docks of London.
- Atrium (Gunfight Map): The centerpiece of a Verdansk palace, still intact despite the conflict raging nearby.
- Additional Maps: Look for additional multiplayer maps as Season 1 progresses.
- Reinforce (Multiplayer Mode): A hybrid of Dom and S&D, a single-life mode with both teams competing for control of three flags.
- On Site Procurement (O.S.P.) (Gunfight Mode): A tactically rich 2v2 mode with a twist: Begin with just your fists, and gather equipment as the match progresses.
- Infected (Multiplayer Mode): It’s hunt or be hunted in this survival party game mode!
- Additional Modes: Look for more modes as Season 1 continues.
- Bomb Squad (Special Ops Experience): Forces still loyal to Barkov have planted explosives around the city of Al-Raab. You’re here to defuse the situation.
- Grounded (Special Ops Experience): Enemies have seized Barkov’s former airbase. Engage and eliminate them.
- Pitch Black (Special Ops Experience): Infiltrate Barkov’s former estate and recover all required intel before an exfill in a Tactical Rover.
- Just Reward (Special Ops Experience): Your squad targets the head of an enemy financial operation, hacking his data centers, and gaining intel.
The team also outlined what free content will be available through the Battle Pass system, saying that every person in the community tiers in an effort to unlock cosmetic items and two new weapons. As for specifics, they didn't say, but did mention more will be revealed on December 3rd when this update goes live and the patch notes are dropped.
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 1 update goes live on December 3rd with the game being available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.