The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare crossplay beta is a wrap and Infinity Ward is sharing the feedback they’ve gathered from the short play period. The beta, which our entire team took part in and are now missing like something fierce, was a success though as is the case with all betas there were some issues. That’s the point of these play periods – find the issues pre-launch and get them straightened away ASAP. So what did they find? Here’s the rundown.
There were more than a few graphical glitches, such as the hilarious one I shared earlier this week on Twitter:
I already miss Call of Duty Modern Warfare now that the beta is over, but this one glitch I kept getting I’ll miss the most 🙏🏻 pic.twitter.com/MhSCrG8wcZ
— Liana ‘LiLi’ Ruppert (@DirtyEffinHippy) September 23, 2019
But there were others such as balance changes, weird latency, and more. The studio took to Reddit to provide a general outline of issues noted and are currently in the works for a fix:
• Blurriness while ADSing or on the matchmaking screen on PC
• Crashes on Xbox One and PC (please check existing threads on here if you’re experiencing one of these crashes)
• Players are unable to chat with console platforms while on PC
• Players were able to change their input device midmatch. We deployed a fix for this during the beta.
• Recon Drone UI staying on screen after using
• Juggernaut Suit not spawning out of the crate and the mask staying on screen after the player has died in the suit and respawned back in to match
• Ground War: In some cases, players would spawn or be ‘pushed’ under the map, allowing them to kill enemy players while being hidden. Friendlies are also able to spawn on under the map as well. We’re looking into how you spawn on your teammates as well as spawning in on vehicles in general, too.
• Players are unable to shoot through open rails/towers
• Screen tearing on character and weapon models on Xbox
• VTOL Jet firing through the roof of various buildings in Quarry
• Suppressed M13 still uses normal audio sounds
• Settings not saving on PC
• FOV Slider setting reverting to default after loading into the map. This has been fixed.
• Doors not opening or closing as intended. In some cases, players are able to see through closed doors.
• Cyber Attack: Unable to defuse the bomb. Unable to pick up a weapon after being revived
• Various audio bugs where the only audio being played is of vehicles, no audio, or only weapons
• Xbox users: We know of a bug with invites and joining up from the Xbox Dashboard. While this is being investigated, you can still send invites and join up with friends within the game.
• Staying as a Party after a match: After completing a match as a party, some players are unable to find a new match and are stuck in the matchmaking lobby. We’re still looking into this issue, but in the meantime, disbanding your party and joining back up is a temporary solution while we work on a fix.
• Spawning and Visuals: Spawning is currently inconsistent on some maps, so thank you for sharing your videos with us and sharing your feedback. We’ll continue to monitor the spawn system and we’ll update you if we deploy any changes. We will also be looking into lighting and exposure on various areas of the map, such as how you view dark rooms from the outside of a building and vice versa, for example.
• Voice chat: Voice chat is inconsistent when joining up with players on other platforms. This is being investigated.
Now that this beta has wrapped, the next step is a campaign premiere promised for the end of September as well as a Spec Ops premiere on October 7th! Are you excited to see what’s next for the latest Call of Duty entry that reimagines the beloved Modern Warfare?