Call of Duty Mobile was previously announced with key game modes and features that players love from the base game. With Call of Duty Blackout being such a huge success with the release of Black Ops 4, it makes sense that this PvP style of play would also make it into the mobile version. Now the studio is getting fans even more hyped up with a closer look at how the mobile game's battle royale mode will play out.
The most important thing to know about this battle royale experience is that it is completely standalone, meaning that while it has similarities to Blackout - it's not a Blackout port. It will also feature maps from the previous Call of Duty franchise entries including Modern Warfare games and Black Ops.
Players will be able to take on up to 100 enemy players with single, duos, and four-person playlists available. Six classes will be available to choose from, each with their own skills and special abilities, as well as the ability to revive teammates by retrieving their dog tags. Even better? Players can choose whether they want to play in First-Person or Third-Person, making the experience incredible tailored.
For those interested, here are the 6 classes to choose from:
- Defender: With the ability to place a deformable Transform Shield, this class also is Reinforced, raising resistance to all damage except bullets.
- Mechanic: Able to call an EMP Drone to create electro-magnetic interference on hostile forces, this class also features the Engineer ability, granting augmented sight to vehicles, hostile traps, and other equipment.
- Scout: Utilizing the Sensor Dart that can view hostile positions in the immediate area of the radar map, this class also benefits from the Tracker ability; allowing you to see fresh footprints of hostiles.
- Clown: A master of distraction and friend of the undead, this class has a Toy Bomb to detonate, summoning zombies that only attack hostiles near to them; due in part to the Clown having the Anti-Zombie ability, which reduces the zombies' aggression distance.
- Medic: This class can place a Medical Station that continuously heals the Medic and associated allies in the immediate vicinity. In addition, the Master Healer ability allows a Medic to heal more quickly, and reduces the time it takes to revive teammates.
- Ninja: Lastly, this clandestine class has a Grapple Gun that fires a hook, allowing you to propel yourself up and onto target buildings or across the landscape at speed. Movement is quiet too, due to this class having the Dead Silence ability.
There are also tons of maps available as well spanning from various Call of Duty games we've played throughout the years! Starting out, check out the different map settings below:
- Countdown: The hangars and missile silos; elements from the map that appeared in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- Crash: The war-torn settlement with a downed helicopter in the middle, from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- Diner: The infamous eatery from Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
- Estate: The hilltop house and grounds, inspired by the map in from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- Farm: The foreboding rural nightmare from Zombies Survival mode, from Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
- Firing Range: The military practice facility, versions of which were seen throughout the from Call of Duty: Black Ops franchise.
- Killhouse: The small, symmetrical warehouse of mayhem from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- Launch: The cosmodrome and launch pad from Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- Overgrown: A large, rural farm and fields from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- Nuketown: The iconic suburbs with a subterranean secret, as seen in all the Call of Duty: Black Ops releases.
- Pipeline: The grimy and overgrown railyard from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- Seaside: The coastal multiplayer map originally from Call of Duty 4: Black Ops 4.
- Shipment: The crammed cargo docks from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- Standoff: The border town map from Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
Ready to learn even more? Check out the full breakdown right here to see about different tactical advantages, modes, and so much more!