Zombies are invading everywhere with Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Operation Apocalypse Z and that's exactly what Treyarch showed us in a new trailer for the upcoming content drop coming later this week.
The new season of the game called Operation Apocalypse Z officially kicks off this week and it takes a spooky portion of the Black Ops franchise and makes it even scarier. New multiplayer maps, new Blackout map zombification changes, and quite a few more odds and ends thrown in there.
The Alpha Omega map will see the above zombies take over but what's arguably the most exciting part of their latest update is that it's also bringing back Black Ops 3's Reaper specialist - as it should be.
As for a brief outline of what else is new:
- New Specialist: Reaper
- New Game Mode: Sticks & Stones
- New Maps (Black Ops Pass):
- Der Schatten
- Havana (Black Ops Flashback)
- New Alt Map: Jungle Flooded
- + More
New Map Updates:
- The Haunting Fog -- An apocalyptic transformation to the main map.
- Alcatraz: Nightfall -- The prison island under the cover of darkness.
New Game Modes
- Quads Fog -- A limited-time Quads playlist where cloudy skies hang over an ominous fog.
- Alcatraz Portals Horde -- An Alcatraz game mode with more Zombies enemy types that spawn throughout the map.
New Playable Characters:
- M. Shadows
- Danny Trejo
- New Experience: "Alpha Omega"
- New Elixirs:
- Head Drama
- Phoenix Up
- New Perk: Blood Wolf Bite
- + More
- 40 new Contraband stream Tiers
- Zombies-themed Specialist outfits
- New Mastercrafts and MKII Weapons
- Earnable Ultra Weapon Bribe
- + More
The new wave of content brings with it a ton of new playlists as well in addition to more rewards and reasons to tier up. You can learn everything about the upcoming Operation Apocalypse Z with the official Treyarch blog post here.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Operation Apocalypse Z is available on July 9th for PlayStation 4 with a PC and Xbox One release one week later.