BIG Festival 2019 just wrapped up in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The yearly event gives upcoming developers a chance to pitch their games to publishers in the hopes of fulfilling their dream of becoming full-time game designers. On top of that, there are a handful of events for attendees to take part in. Chief among them, the anticipated BIG Festival awards that honor talented game developers from Brazil and other countries.
Some of the winners will be familiar because these games have been available to download, while others come from talented studios that might be on the verge of the next smash mega hit. Perfect example… we first saw Motion Twin’s Dead Cells at BIG Festival 2018. Little did we know that what appeared to be a promising side-scroller would become one of the most decorated games of the year. That said, we get similar vibes from Jumpgrid, which took home the BIG award for Best Gameplay.
With that in mind, below are all of the winners.
- Best Game: GRIS (Nomada Studio), Spain
- Best Brazilian Game: Adore (Cadabra Games), Brazil
- Best Game Latin America: Quantum League (NGD Studios), Argentina
- Best Art: GRIS (Nomada Studios), Spain
- Best Narrative: Forgotten Anne (ThroughLine Games), Denmark
- Best Gameplay: Jumpgrid (Ian MacLarty), Australia
- Best Sound: Unheard (NEXT Studios), China
- Best Innovative Game: Pixel Ripped 1989 (ARVORE Immersive Experiences), Brazil
- BIG Impact – Educational: Cidade em Jogo (Fundacao Brava e Flux Games), Brazil
- BIG Impact - Social Issues: Marie’s Room (Like Charlie), Belgium
- BIG Impact – Diversity: Huni Kuin: Yube Baitana (Bobware/Beya XinA£ Bena), Brazil
- Best Student Game: Burning Daylight (The Animation Workshop), Denmark
- Best Mobile Game: Starlit On Wheels (Rockhead Studios), Brazil
- Best Multiplayer Game: Spitlings (Massive Miniteam GmbH), Germany
- Best Kids Game: It’s Paper Guy! (The Paper Team), France
- Best Virtual Reality Game: Moss (POLYARC GAMES), USA
- BIG Brands: Authentic Games Official (Little Giants Studio), Brazil
- Humble BIG New Talent Award: Space Routine (Menic Games), Argentina
- Nordic Game Pitch Award: Grashers (Pink Array), Brazil
- People's Choice Award: Spaceline Crew (Coffeenauts), Brazil
Congrats to all of the winners! We look forward to seeing all of these games released across the major platforms in the months ahead.