Player’s of Warner’s Arkham City on the Xbox 360 have noticed a distinct absence of their save files in the game, so have taken to the Arkham City forums to comment on the issue.
Warner, in response, are asking for help from the community.
“We greatly appreciate and value you as a customer and apologise for any inconvenience if you have encountered any technical problems which might have impacted your experience with the game,” US community manager Andy Cataldo wrote.
“We would very much like to fix the ‘disappearing save files’ issue some consumers have been reporting with the Xbox 360 version of the game as quickly as possible. Thus far our QA department has been unable to reproduce this issue.”
Publisher Warner called on affected players to provide it with detailed information. Its QA team wants to know:
- What version of the XBOX 360 hardware are you are experiencing the “disappearing save files” issue on?
- What storage method are you using to save your Batman: Arkham City game files to (i.e. XBOX 360 hard drive, XBOX 360 memory unit, USB drive)?
- What version of the XBOX 360 system software do you have on your machine?
- Are you running a Beta version of the forthcoming XBOX 360 “Holiday 2011” system update?
- Have you experienced the “disappearing save files” issue before and/or after installing any Batman: Arkham City DLC content (If yes, please be specific as to the DLC content you have downloaded)?
- Have you experienced the “disappearing save files” issue before and/or after installing either of Batman: Arkham City’s two title updates?
If you’ve experienced the problem, please send Warner QA an email – [email protected]
“Hopefully, the information you provide will result in a more specific pattern to emerge which will let us consistently reproduce the ‘disappearing save files’ issue and ultimately get a fix in place,” Cataldo added.