Warner Bros. has announced Batman: Arkham City – The Album, an 11-track medley of dark and brooding tunes to fuel gamers’ excitement for November’s Arkham Asylum sequel.
The album features original ditties from Panic! At the Disco, Coheed and Cambria, The Duke Spirit and System of a Down front-man Serj Tankian.
Batman: Arkham City – The Album will release in record shops on 4th October, giving gamers two weeks to listen to it on repeat before Arkham City launches on 21st October.
Gamers getting Arkham City’s Collector’s Edition who can wait until the game’s release get a free download code for the album – including a bonus track by A Place to Bury Strangers.
“I write in a very conceptual format with the stories that surround Coheed and Cambria,” said C&C front-man Claudio Sanchez, “but Batman has a much larger, defined history and rules that go along with it. My goal was to find universal themes from Batman’s existing history to help give the lyrics legs and dimension so that the song could live within that world.”
The full tracklisting lies below:
- Panic! At The Disco – Mercenary
- Coheed and Cambria – Deranged
- The Duke Spirit – Creature
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Shadow On The Run
- Blaqk Audio – Afterdark
- The Raveonettes – Oh, Stranger
- ††† (Crosses) – The Years
- The Damned Things – Trophy Widow
- Daughtry – Drown In You
- The Boxer Rebellion – Losing You
- Serj Tankian – Total Paranoia
- A Place to Bury Strangers – In The Shadow (Bonus Collector’s Edition track)